Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
millersb 11 years ago

Is vanilla flavored Almond Milk OK? My kids like to make smoothies with this.

Thommie 11 years ago

Just Started
I am ready to go. I am determined this is a lifestyle and not a diet
Thanks for being there

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Sprouted whole grains (SWG) can be any type of grain, but not every whole grain product is sprouted – but that does not automatically make it unworthy! 100% whole grain is great, and spelt and quinoa are excellent. Currently available SWG products include breads, buns, cereals, English muffins, pasta, tortillas/wraps, and of course flour, from which you can make whatever you want, including seitan.

Jean Ann Dimick 11 years ago

Can you give us a list of “Sprouted Whole Grains? I made pan-cakes with spelt flour and they were delicious! I also love the quineau cooked in place of rice. Would love to try some other whole grains.

Jean Ann Dimick

Jackie 11 years ago

I just joined today . All of the recipes sure look good. So to start with I need to go shopping for groceries.

TrimDownClub 11 years ago

Yes, we would suggest spreading ricotta cheese on bread, as a naturally lower fat and higher protein/calcium alternative to cream cheese. Swapping out food exchanges is a great way to get into the rhythm of meal planning, and rolled oats and almond milk is a great alternative. (However, we would suggest to find another source of protein – as wonderful as almond milk is, it provides essentially no protein.)

Teach2go 11 years ago

Hi, I joined yesterday and am looking over the menu, and I am wondering how to eat ricotta cheese and rice bread…do I spread it on the bread or what? The menu plan is not realistic for me…I have no problem with incorporating different foods,however, ricotta cheese and a slice of rice bread? This morning I’ve opted out for rolled oats and almond milk…my norm… pls help me understand your plan. Thanks!

Thank you for letting us know! It’s always good to hear of yet another person who has make the switch to healthy living and likes it!!

criha 11 years ago

Just started this program 7 days ago and have already lost 4 lbs. I feel great. So far it hasn’t been too difficult. My cravings for sweets have gone and I’m actually enjoying eating fruit instead. I love the Food 4 Life SWG breads. I need to make a trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s to stock up on some more items I can eat. I feel that this program has already paid for itself. Thank you!

Amaranth is a grain-like seed that can be prepared like hot cereal or rice, or used in baking or sauses as a partial wheat flour substitute.

Jacqueline 11 years ago

What is Amarath? Thanks, Jacqueline

Amaranth/oatmeal simply means that you can switch between the two, depending on your taste, or for variety.
Amaranth makes an excellent, highly nutritious hot cereal just like oatmeal – the main difference in preparation: it is highly recommended that you soak the amaranth overnight before cooking. It also benefits more from flavoring, such as vanilla extract, natural maple syrup, dried or fresh fruit, and of course, milk.

Great idea, Tracey – we will work on adding this feature. In the meantime, since many of the foods you choose are probably similar to what you used to eat, just swap out the names (i.e. instead of bread, SWG bread, etc.). Depending on what sort of grocery store you frequent, you may find the need to explore other options, such as health-oriented shops or chains (i.e. Whole Foods, Trader Joes).
If that doesn’t quite do it for you, write back, and we will hlep you until the list feature goes live.

Bridget 11 years ago

Just started too….How do I make a grocery list that goes with the meal plan????

Ralph2012 11 years ago

What is amaranth oatmeal?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.