Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
Bethany 11 years ago

I’m just newly signed up and excited! Lots of the info I already knew about but need help with what to eat and when, etc. I see there is a 14 day quick start plan?? Where do I find it?

sbrown 11 years ago

Hollycant17, i feel the same way. I just looked at my menu and it will be hard to get some of the recipes and they don’t seem family friendly. My kids and husband will not eat most of this. I don’t think this plan is for me. Feel I have been ripped off.

camplaffalot 11 years ago

I have been on a similar way of eating before and you get used to things very quickly. It’s an adventure in new tastes and you will develop new favorites. I remember the first time I had brown rice bread and said “Ewwwww…..yuck…..packing foam…..eeeewwww….” But now I CRAVE rice bread!!! Especially toasted. I just used my illness as an excuse to eat some not so healthy stuff and gained a lot of weight back. But I’ve made a start today, with healthier choices, more water, and moving this old body more. By next week, all the not so healthy stuff will be gone (I am NOT throwing food away) and I should be eating 100% Trim Down! C’mon, you can do it!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Judy. Yes, all of the foods on the list are intended to be eaten. It seems like a lot because this is not a temporary weight loss diet, but rather a healthy lifestyle. You should not be hungry and craving. If you find it really does not work for you, you can cut back on portions of fats and carbs, but be careful not to go so low that you know you can’t sustain it longterm.

porkyrees 11 years ago

Yes I agree with you all the meals do sound wierd but I find them nutritious and tasty.I have lost approx 2kgs in 7days and havent had any red meat and I was a meat and potatoes man.Just bought some new clothes over Xmas should have got a size smaller

yacky 11 years ago

I’m with you hollycant17…wierd meals! Not sure if this is for me!

graysea 11 years ago

My name is Judy and I am new as of monday.I have spent the past 4 days trying to figure it all out.as of today I think I might be on my way to losing some weight.I would appreciate any advice.as far as the meals ? are we suppose to eat all that 0r pick what you want it just seems like alot of food.Thank you.

philpayne 11 years ago

Hi Holly, I don’t follow the meal planner exactly as some things are hard to get hold of and others just seem strange, you can substitute for something else, other times I just don’t have it. So far I’m delighted lost 5lbs in my first week.
I have a cup of green tea every day after breakfast, as i’m told this helps to keep the fat burning.
I always have a good breakfast with a mixture of carbs, protein fruit and fat.
So please don’t loose heart/

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Holly,
I was really freaked out the first time I pulled a menu up too. They suggest you check everything that you would eat, and I did but then I realized that I didn’t have most of the stuff in my pantry! So I went back through and unchecked some of the items until I can get to the grocery store and created a new menu.
Once you’ve done that, if you think the combo they’ve come up with for your meal is weird, you can click on the symbol that looks like a refresh button to the side of any item and it will give you a list of things you can substitute for each food item.
I’m still getting in the swing of things myself. This is only day 4 for me and I have not yet gotten on the scale, but I can tell that I feel so much better.
Good luck to you and be encouraged : )
Dory

annaleeramos 11 years ago

Hollycant17. I felt the same way when I started. But don’t give up. I am on my forth day and have lost 10 lbs already.

hollycant17 11 years ago

i just had a look at the meal arranger and the meals look very wierd, mashed potatoe and a curry, then leeks on the side?? and a fritter and pancake all for breakfast? really, i feel as if ive just been conned out of £36!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.