Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
youngj105 11 years ago

I joined last weekend and spent a long time working through the menu choices and compiling a shopping list. It does seem very complicated at the start and yes there are some really weird combinations of food but I am getting into the swing of it and as I live alone I have tried to pick the recipes that look like they will freeze well. There is more food in my fridge than there has been for a long time and I do worry that I may end up having to throw some away but I think once you get the hang of it all it should get easier. I did not join specifically to shed weight (although I am sure I will). I joined to try and stabilize my energy and blood sugar levels and to fight the chronic constipation and acid reflux I have had since I had chemotherapy 3 years ago. My quality of life had been greatly diminished and fatigue is a major problem so I am optimistic that this will help. After the first day I stopped taking my meds for acid reflux and so far so good.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Just use one flour in the recipe (not rice, potato, or corn – these are a little more difficult to use only one) – as long as it is whole grain.

rirosie 11 years ago

I went to a health store to find some of the items suggested. But, some of the recipes require 2 to 3 different flours, milks, etc. I am a simple planner and I do not want to spend all of my time preparing meals.I need to start a whole new pantry of ingredients. i did buy the sevia and found it fine for my tea and cereal. I need simple recipes and menus with your healthy ingredients.

YvonneUprichard 11 years ago

Has anyone with a history of thyroid problem used this system and what problems/success resulted.

Hi, Sandy. Depending on how overweight a person is and how much he/she ate before starting a new program, there is often a blast of weight loss at the beginning as the water trapped in the fat comes off. The healthier steady glide will come soon after.

carolkeith 11 years ago

Hi Seaborn thank you so much for your encouragement I started last week too and am a bit confused,but am getting there .I too have not heard of most of the foods mentioned .
I live in Essex in the uk and have found a local baker who makes specialality bread ,also have. bought nut butter and wholegrain crispbreads from a local health shop .
Thanks I will try Google .Just weighed myself have lost 6 1bs wow great ,Enjoy your day

Doryssb 11 years ago

Seaborn, That dry grass is in Oklahoma, USA. Unfortunately we have gone through a terrible drought this past season. But we have been blessed with some much needed rainfall the past few days. We need those ponds filled back up! A good thing is that under all that brown it is still green.

I appreciate the prayers and will definitely be praying for you and yours too. I sure am glad there is no distance in prayer!

Seaborngirl 11 years ago

Doryssb, yes it is not hard to see that you are meat eaters like myself…I love cattle, not just to eat! I will pray for your husband to get “it”….and you for patience…if you pray for us too!!! Heheh….
Is that dry grass Australian or American in your avatar? Are you in Aussie or America?
Rebeccadors thanks for the encouragement. You have done well…and it is so great to have a bit more energy hey?
All the best to the rest of you….don’t give up!!!

SANDYBAZ 11 years ago

I see all these people down 5 lbs in less than 5 days. Is this healthy. All diets I have ever researched they say 1 to 2 pounds a week is the best way to loose weight and keep it off ???????

Hi, Ms. McCarty. Try the recipes with “classic,” “basic,” or “homemade” I the title – they are foo-foo-free. As for prep time, try choosing “ready-made” foods in the Menu Planner for snacks, such as nuts, seeds, cheese, fruit.

y2lamanaki 11 years ago

lylaj – you don’t have to do go through that process every time. Just click on apps, then menu planner, then menu history. Pick whichever your most recent menu was, and you should be fine.

For those having trouble finding ingredients, or don’t have a lot of time to make some of the recipes, I would just try and stay as close to the basic premise of the nutrition plan as discussed in the downloadable guide. What I did was google all the ingredients I was unaware of, and then found a place where I can get them locally (which was great for me). The first couple days before I learned where to find them, I went with close substitutes. Instead of SWG bread, I went with whole grain bread which tends to be easy to find at your average grocery store in the bread section (if you have a bigger store that has an organic section – a lot of the stuff will be there). Remember the basic ideas – white and wheat bread probably aren’t good for you. 100% whole grain bread is better. SWG is best.

If it’s a recipe that takes too long to make, try something that utilizes the same or similar ingredients that would work for you. For instance, the Almond Chicken Apricot Delight recipe takes some time to make, but a chicken breast itself isn’t. The ideas of the recipes are just to suggest some new tasty recipes to go with the new diet. For instance, I loved this particular recipe, more than I would have enjoyed just a plain chicken breast and vegetables, but going with just the chicken breast and vegetables wouldn’t be any less healthy…just a little more bland.

And the snacks and what not shouldn’t take a whole lot of time to prepare. Stick to the basic premise of snacking on vegetables and fruits throughout the day, and it should help you get through.

Of course, I don’t consider myself an expert on any of this, it’s just what I’ve gathered reading all of the information on the nutritional science behind this plan.

Hope this helps some folks out! Most off, keep in mind – don’t get discouraged!

lylaj 11 years ago

Having alot of trouble with this site. Not computer savvy, but after I chose my foods and finally found my menus, then went away from computer for awhile. Now cant find menus again.. Do I have to go thru the choosing process each time?

dmccarty 11 years ago

I just joined this plan and am a bit disappointed. The recipes are what I consider ‘Foo-Foo’ food. I’m not a ‘fancy’ eater so I need to be able use ‘regular’, always available food to fix my meals. I work twelve hour days in an office so having the food at work is a must. I really can’t see me spending an hour in the mornings getting my lunch and snacks ready. Any suggestions?

cntwall 11 years ago

Thanks I will have to try the Google thing and see where I can buy the SWG Bread. I want to try and get to that 80% but I am only picking stuff I know I can buy locally and know I will eat. so far I am at 75% Hope I can still lose weight at that percent.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Seaborn,
Congrats on the loss once again! I’ll step on the scale more toward the middle of the week and she what happens then. As you might guess from my avatar my family are definetely meat eaters, no that’s not my picture! LOL Trying the ‘new to me’ items has been an adventure and I have found things I never thought I would like.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that has to alter things for my hubby. He needs to lose weight, he wants to lose weight but the idea of going on a diet really irks him! I think we’ve finally gotten to the real root of it this morning, he told me he grew up watching his Mom forcing his Dad to eat certain foods and only certain portions trying to get him to lose weight. Please pray for me that my husband realizes I am not his mother 😉 (nor do I want to be!) and that I am for him and not against him.
Thank you,
Doryss

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.