Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Charlotte. Note that those ingredients are all whole grain in nature, and were selected because they are very balancing to the metabolism. The body does nee some carbohydrates to function and to burn fats.

Carolle 11 years ago

I joined last Sunday. I am so confused! I feel I need major help navigating all of this on my iPad! But, I will keep plugging along. I love the blogs from the members!

Rebeccadors 11 years ago

Thanks to the replies, I have been getting to grips, made out my shopping list, and have not found the menus too weird, a little the same. However this does suit me, I won’t waste food. I’ll let you know how I am going, I will do this so I feel better about having my op in 12 weeks. I feel really positive about this now. For all those like me yesterday, there is a feeling of confusion, but empower yourself with the information. I downloaded everything last night and sat reading it, making notes so I feel more of an understanding. I will weigh myself on Tuesday, here goes.

Charlotte 11 years ago

Hi Dear Nutritionists,

I have just joined the club 10 minutes ago! What is really weird for me is the “Recipe” part! It actually contains all stuff and ingredients which I normally believe are weight gaining like pasta, rice powder, sweet potato, and…!!!
Does this plan really work with such high caloric recipes??!!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

To all who are just beginning or feeling overwhelmed about the foods – it is definitely recommended to ease your way in with small, gradual changes. The Menu Planner application has both standard, widely familiar foods, as well as the healthy choices that hopefully will eventually make it into your plan. In the online recipe collection, look for anything with “classic” in the name – these are simple, quick, and familiar, with healthy twists.
Above all, just try to buy fresh, unprocessed whole foods, with low-fat and good fat options, and you’ll be getting benefits endorsed by the program.

jingleson 11 years ago

Hello everyone

i just signed up today

I’m only 25 however i feel i need to start being healthier, and of course lose the jelly belly and prevent it from getting bigger.

I did find the whole meal plan a little overwhelming and strange.

i did what any keen and slightly ambitious person did and spend a heap of money on ingredient.

I am very glad i came on here as i can break my meals down and ease my way into it.

Any tips on how to ease into healthy eating for someone who has being a student for the past 7 years ?

Jason

Karend 11 years ago

I joined a couple of days ago and still have not started. i find it not to be user friendly. Like others not heard of some of the ingrediants or if i can even get them in my little town. It took to much time to download my menus. I still haven’t got my grocery list together yet. I don’t know about this??

Arlene 11 years ago

I don’t follow the meal planner for the whole week as i would end up with too much food in the fridge. The meals are relatively small for example 4 ounces of chicken with salad or half cup legumes etc and the menu doesn’t give me another chicken meal for another two days so i tend to mix my meals around so that allows me to use up whats in the fridge and the fruit.
I gave up ALL wheat bread, ended up with loads of energy and my jelly belly halved itself within 3 days……amazing! I still have a roll but it no longer hangs over my jeans ….yay 🙂
I walk briskly for 30 minutes EVERY day….30 mins is nothing compared to slogging it out in the gym.
Not too good on the water consumption tho…could be better.
Well done to all who have lost weight already….i found it all a bit confusing at first but reading your success comments is what kept me focused so thanks!

Lulyr 11 years ago

I started the plan on the 6th, that’s 5 day’s ago. I’m not sticking completely to my menu because I need to use up what’s in my pantry first. I wasn’t going to weigh myself until Monday, but I did it today because I’m going out of town for the weekend and even though I’m taking my menu with me I may not be able to stick with it.

I was amazed that I have lost 2 lbs. in 5 days!! The plan takes a little getting used to: today’s morning snack was pine nuts, almond milk, herbal tea and 2 tangerines! I mean really does that make sense? But I did it anyway (drinking the tea now). I will definitely keep doing the plan!! Can’t wait to see how much I lose when I follow it completely.

awayagain4 11 years ago

I agree – it’s hard to put together a meal from some of the weird selections that are on my menu and I haven’t found any of the substitutions are any help either.

y2lamanaki 11 years ago

Rebeccadors – Go to the Apps link up top, click on menu planner, read the first page (some helpful tips) – and when you’re ready, click ‘Start Planning Menu,’ pick foods you like and go from there. Once you get through all the meals, it’ll populate a suggested menu for a week.

I just started on the 2nd, and have been pretty good at following the structure. I tend to be an adventurous eater and there’s a Wegman’s that has all those fun ingredients nearby, but it’s been a wonderful start, at least so much as how I feel. I don’t plan on weighing myself until Tuesday. I’ve been good at avoiding all the food temptations, so I can avoid the temptation to weigh myself, too, I think.

And for those who think the food looks weird, I agree – it ‘looks’ weird. I just got out of a diet that consisted solely of steaks, burgers, and anything I could pick up at a fast food restaurant or pop in the microwave. It was the epitome of lazy. I’ve found that a lot of the recipes they have you make have been delicious far beyond what I would have thought (butternut broccoli muffins, who’d have thunk?). Sometimes you have to give things a shot!

nsuey7 11 years ago

Hi I started last week and i just want to say it is really confusing. Your reciepes call for suff I never heard of. I cannot afford to buy all those different kinds of flours.
I am not satisfied with this plan at all.

Rebeccadors 11 years ago

I have literally just joined, I have an operation in 3 months – I was told yesterday, I need to loose weight. I have not figured out how to get a 14 day planner , also I cannot down load all the information on my iPad. I don’t want to feel conned, the video looked brilliant, I have purchased all the different programmes. I’m not sure how to get started! HELP

JOOLDHAM 11 years ago

Ok Jewelgm26 I hear what you are saying and I’ve been reading the recipes. I’m am going to do my own juggling around and see if I can make it work to suit me. See I love beans and cottage cheese so I am going to give it a serious go. Won’t be doing the soy thought shellfish like mussels, prawns and crab I can eat. Best foot forward and see how I go.

jewelgm26 11 years ago

I think with all diets or food choices it has to work for yopu..sure there are lots of things on this one that I dont like , BEANS…I will leave that out for now and make other choices until my taste buds are ready…I will try cottage cheese if it is in the reciepe but not on its own..so those are little changes that you can make and lose the weight. Remember you can’t continue to eat those sweets..or desserts and no veggies if you plan to lose weight give it a go see if something changes….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.