Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

5 foods
Regular wheat bread (recommended: sprouted whole grain or 100% whole grain)
Regular soy and processed soy (recommended: organic soy, fermented soy such as tempeh, fuyu)
Soda, even diet soda with artificial sweeteners
Regular corn (recommended: organic or family farm-grown sweet corn)
Regular margarine (recommended: good oils such as olive, organic canola, hazelnut, almond, chia, avocado, or organic/natural margarines made with good oils, or of course, natural dairy or coconut butter in small amounts)

thisisme29 11 years ago

iii n

i need help.what are the five foods?

MyraF 11 years ago

The video said it would list 10 foods to avoid, then listed the first three and asked us to join the trim down club which I did, but now I can’t find the video to get the other 7.

olib 11 years ago

HOW CAN I PRINT A LIST OF ALL THE FOODS ON THE FOOD MENUS SO I CAN SIT IN COMFORT AND PLAN MY MEALS AS I HAVE A PROBLEM SITTING AT MY COMPUTER FOR A LONG TIME

Hi, Heather. The lighter print means it is healthier.

heatherfrench 11 years ago

Can someone tell me why the different shades of writing in the menu plan. when it says 1 ounce of tuna 1 ounce of cold cuts does it mean both or either

Hi, Sharon. Stevia can have a very strong aftertaste. If you are sensitive, I would highly recommend using xylitol, which has the same use and taste as sugar, but with a much, much lower carb effect. If you used a teaspoon of Stevia, then you probably need about 3 Tbsp. of xylitol here, but taste the batter for sweetness before baking.

switthuhn 11 years ago

I have been trying out some of the desert recipes and was wondering if there is a typo error. I made the brownies and it called for 1 teaspoon of stevia powder. They tasted so bad and were not sweet at all that I had to throw them away.
Sharon

Regular corn and corn syrup products are on the list. If the corn is organic (non-GMO, in other words) and fresh, no problem. Just count it as a starch rather than as a vegetable.

ginnyg1 11 years ago

I thought corn was on the list…..Why is this so difficult to find on site.

sonntager 11 years ago

Need a boost to motivation and not quite certain as to what I should be doing…a case of being past my “sell by date”. Would appreciate some ideas to get me going.

Hi, Cynt. Among the foods to avoid were low-quality wheat products, whereas here it is recommended to eat 100% or sprouted whole grain. Recently, less optimal foods were added to enable people without access to health food stores build menus however it is possible for them. In reading the articles on this site, you will find that many of the “foods to avoid” have versions that are excellent – for example, organic corn and soy instead of regular, fresh-squeezed 100% pure orange juice instead of from concentrate and/or not 100%. Basically it is important to see that favorite foods do not necessarily need to be thrown out altogether, but rather improved versions should be chosen, and better preparation methods applied.
If you have any other specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

Cynt 11 years ago

Confusing..in the 5 foods not to eat..whole wheat bread and pasta are listed..but are on the menus?? Menus are not true to what you tick of..I hate parsnips and they are in my menu..several,other thongs too that I did not tick..not a major problem as you can substitute but makes me feel that it is not MY menu

Betty, you’re in luck! Because of the basic nutritional priniples of the Trim Down Club to balance insulin and avoid sugar spikes, all of our dessert recipes are appropriate for diabetics. Enjoy 🙂

bettystein 11 years ago

DO YOU HAVE A COOKBOOK ARE RECIPES FOR DIABETICS. I DO LIKE SWEETS SOMETIME

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.