Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
nkeegan 8 years ago

I am still trying to get the hang of this new lifestyle, and I still have a few questions. First, sometimes I don’t eat everything on my menu. I don’t add anything to it, but (for example) I was supposed to have 4 rice cakes for breakfast, but I only ate two. Also, I don’t always get snack 3 in (I try not to eat after 7 pm). Is this ok? Last, I printed out a new menu for this week, and I really liked Saturday’s menu best. Would it be ok to do Saturday’s menu every day this week? It would be more convenient to prepare, and it would save money.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, nkeegan. Repeat meals, days, and/or weeks as often as you like.

nkeegan 8 years ago

Thank you. I feel I have more of a handle on things. Last, I really like the menu I had last week. Is it ok to repeat a menu, or do you have to do the new week’s menu?

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, nkeegan.
As I noted below, we encourage the healthiest (i.e. non-GM) versions of popular foods like the five discussed in the video, and so those are included in your menus. As for swapping, as long as it is according to the options in the Menu Planner, or you match food groups and portion sizes, the program will be just as effective (possibly more, because it will be comfortable for you and can be sustained long-term).

nkeegan 8 years ago

Thank you for getting back to me; I still have a couple confusions though. First, why are the 5 most popular foods like gm products, whole wheat and corn incorporated in our menus? I thought we shouldn’t eat them< Also, I get scared that if I swap too much, my program won’t be effective. Is it to swap a lot (with the swap options of course)?

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, nkeegan. Since the Menu Planner application needs to serve a wide range of tastes, some of the combinations may seem odd – and that is why the swap function is there, and it’s great that you have been using it.
Please do swap as you need!
As for the 5 foods, those in the presentation were just examples of the most commonly available forms of popular foods that should be healthy by have been refined and/or processed to a form that can sabotage health efforts. In this program, we encourage you to go for the original, truly natural an healthy versions.

sfratto 8 years ago

I, too, am somewhat baffled by the combinations of foods–when can I substitute? What can I substitute? I am finding that I am spending an too much time gathering the foods. Are menu choices selected specifically because they promote weight loss? I am still trying to find out what “free” spread is? Same with Home Fries>

nkeegan 8 years ago

Hello, it’s me again. I am sitting here trying to make my first week as simple as possible. I liked the menu I have on Monday; it has foods I like, and only three recipes (as opposed to the 7 for the week). I thought about just repeating my “Monday” menu all week long. This would make shopping, planning and shopping so much easier as I become more familiar with this program. Would that be ok

nkeegan 8 years ago

I just began this plan yesterday, and I am more overwhelmed then excited. My first question is that when I picked my favorite foods, and got my menu for the week, I made many swaps or changes; Sometimes I even swapped out an entire meal for the exact one I had the previous day. My menu over health went up to 92%, but I wanted to make sure the plan will still be effective even though I made changes. Second, why is it that the 5 “forbidden” foods are options within the menus? I thought they were forbidden. Can someone please help me? I don’t want to get so overwhelmed that I say forget it before I get started!!!

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, popsey. The 5 foods were examples of basically healthy foods that are most commonly found in highly manipulated forms that work against weight loss efforts. We don’t agree with non-organic or overly processed soy, but organic tofu, soymilk, and fermented soy products can be excellent.

popsey 8 years ago

Hi- I’m a newbie and read the 5 food items to avoid. I then opened the 1st breakfast item which was ‘Healthy’ Veggie quiche and it called for 2 items that are soy based- soy milk and tofu- I thought soy was a no. No?

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, GetSkinny. That looks just fine.

GETSKINNY15 8 years ago

I have a question about substituting a protein drink (SPIRU-TEIN HIGH PROTEIN ENERGY MEAL. I make it with pineapple juice/water, half cup of each and half of a banana. I have been having one of these almost every morning for 5 years.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Jennlamb. No – those are vitamins, as are pyridoxine, cobalamin, panthothenate or pantothenic acid, folate or folic acid. The only concern with these being on the label is that they may indicate that the food was so processed that the vitamins were stripped in the first place – not always, but it is good to look at the whole package.

Jennlamb 8 years ago

I’m still trying to get my head around reading the ingredients in foods. Can someone tell me if I should avoid the following; thiamin, riboflavin and niacin.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.