Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
Support 9 years ago

Hi mtmaddox,
You can find the 5 Foods under episode 4 “Making Wise Food Choices –What to Eat and Which Foods to Avoid?” in the “Trim Down Main Program Guide”, under the “My Downloads” area.

You can also join this discussion about the topic here and read the list that was posted by our members by simply scrolling down.
Best 🙂

mtmaddox 9 years ago

WHAT ARE THE 5 FOODS NOT TO EAT

Sunnirae 9 years ago

Can I eat cottage cheese and pineapple together in the same
snack or meal? I have played with the menu edit several times
and I have never been able to let me do those food comibnations,is there a reson for this?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, success. Edamame is excellent!

success882 9 years ago

Hi, I just joined today and have a question re edamame beans – are they considered bad for weight loss? I have them for breakfast every day. Thanks.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Georgia. Absolutely.

Montgom 10 years ago

Hi Ossie – I didn’t know this “Exchange List” existed. Do I understand correctly that you can substitute an item in a list, with any other item in the same list? If so, to me,this is better than using the ‘substitute’ button.

Hi fwilson1 – I, too, found that there were some really bizarre combinations but the substitute list worked well for me and now this exchange list will do the same. When I planned my menu initially, I only selected the food items that I knew I liked and usually kept on hand. I have now expanded my foods but not to the point of confusion – I still stick to my personal basics and the menu planning is so much easier. I don’t use many of the recipes but I do adapt the items in my menu to suit the guidelines. For instance, I will poach fish, boil eggs, broil meat and my favorite ‘vegetable of my choice’ is Romaine lettuce – I can add that to almost anything (hot and raw vegies, cous cous, chopped apples – you name it) to add bulk to my meals make some really delicious salads. I also keep a mini food processor on my counter to grind walnuts or chop vegies for my smoothies or salads. Glad to have you on board with TDC – it’s the only eating plan (diet sounds so restrictive) that is really working for me. Good luck.
Georgia

Smudger77 10 years ago

being a non drinker (Alcoholic) and always being the taxi driver. I am finding it difficult not asking for diet coke or something else to drink. Any suggestions?

Colin

fwilson1 10 years ago

I agree with Dotbibber in that I chose the foods I like but I find the menu plan rather bizzare (gravy with pasta) and would find it more useful if I had more information to go on so that I can create my own menus.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, dotbibber. You can still use the Menu Planner food lists as a guide for “good” foods – the ones in the lighter blue are the healthiest. You can also look through the Program Guide and/or Quick Start Guide to get a sense of that. We also have articles you can read on that topic.
To know how much of the carbs, proteins, etc. to take in, click on “View Menu Exchanges” to the right of your finished menu (even if you don’t use it) to see the exchanges. The exchanges are listed at https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-list

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Hi, Dotbibber! Sandy is right, using the menu that you receive is the perfect way to start. One of the ways we have gotten heavier is because our own recipes are often not prepared with the best ingredients or with the best ratios. Using the menu with its portions for your size is really best for a while til you get a better handle on what is best for you and how to use it to lose weight. With it, you will become accustomed to weighing and measuring how much food you in particular should eat. And, the menu spells this out for you. You can click the arrow to the left of each meal or snack and switch out the whole thing, food by food, but this is more advanced by those who have become familiar with the program and what they individually need to eat. Let me invite you to a group here on TDC, “Successful Beginnings and Support”. It has forums dedicated just to newcomers. It will answer a LOT of your questions. Also, there are almost always people on that group site who will give you the answers and support you are looking for! 😉 May you have success here!

smsupersuper 10 years ago

Welcome Dotbibber

If you click the grey arrows to the right of each food item on your menu, you can view the alternatives.

Sandy

dotbibber 10 years ago

I am also confused…and need help!! I do not want to use the menu given and need to know what are the good foods, the bad ones to avoid, and lastly, how much of what to put together in a given day. Do we count carbs, proteins, or what and if so, how do I know what I personally need to take in. Someone please reply so I can get started. I know this will work, BUT, I need some help to get it started. I chose my foods, was given a weeks menu and now I want to take the foods, put them into my own recipes and get on with life.

tonylipy 11 years ago

thank you for printing my question.Now how the heck do i find the answer tonylipy

tonylipy 11 years ago

need list of recieps,bad foods,snacks etc .cant open anything up
anthony liparini

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.