An easy stew with much-loved flavors.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- 2 lbs / 910 g lean stew meat (preferably organic pastured), cut into in 1-inch / 2½-cm cubes
- ¼ cup / 30 g flour, preferably whole grain, legume, or nut
- ½ tsp / 3 g salt or substitute
- ½ tsp / 1 g ground black pepper
- 1½ cup / 360 ml beef broth, preferably organic
- 1 tsp / 5 ml Worcestershire sauce (without high-fructose corn syrup) or:
- Braggs liquid aminos or:
- ½ cup / 120 ml red wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp / 1 g paprika
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 3 large (4-inch) potatoes, diced (preferably with skin on, well-scrubbed)
- 1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- ¼ cup / 15 g fresh herbs, coarsely chopped
- Add meat to slowcooker/crockpot.
- Mix salt, pepper, and flour, and pour over meat.
- Stir to coat meat, add remaining ingredients, stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on ‘low’ for 10 hours, or ‘high’ for 6 hours.
- Stir stew thoroughly before serving.
1 cup / 240 ml Exchanges per Serving:
1 Carb, 2 Protein
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?