An easy and healthy all-in-one dish to take advantage of leftovers, and that itself freezes well for future meals. Gluten-free.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- 1 cucumber, well-scrubbed and chopped or sliced
- 2 medium red or yellow onions, chopped or sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced or julienned
- 6 Tbsp / 90 ml olives, sliced or chopped
- 1½ cup / 340 ml white or red quinoa, cooked*
- 3 chicken breasts (12 oz / 340 g), roasted or boiled*, then chilled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. / 28 ml olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Seasonings of choice
* If making the quinoa and chicken for this recipe, they can be cooked together in 3 cups / 720 ml of seasoned water or vegetable broth in a two-quart/liter covered pan over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together.
2 cups / 266 g Exchanges per Serving:
1 Carb, 2 Protein, 0 Fat
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?