Simple seasonings, simple cooking, and a gourmet take on simple mashed potatoes make for a simply delicious meal-in-one.
- 2 chicken breasts, preferably organic pastured, skinless and deboned, halved
- 1 cup / 133 g sweet potatoes cut into thin slices.
- 1 cup / 156 g celeriac (celery root), cut into thin slices
- 1 cup / 140 g rutabaga/swede, cut into thin slices
- 4 oz / 120 g plain, unsweetened yogurt, preferably organic pastured
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. / 5 ml olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon*
*Lemon juice can be replaced by orange juice..
- Preheat oven to 300°F / 150°C.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Place in oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, steam finely sliced sweet potato, celeriac, and swede. When tender, remove from steamer. Place in bowl and add garlic, pepper, and yogurt. Mash together by hand or in a food processor.
- Place the chicken on the mound of puree, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve with a steamed vegetable of your choice.
Serving Size: ½ chicken breast, ½ puree
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 3 Protein, 0 Fat