You may know green beans as ‘snap beans,’ ‘French beans,’ ‘string beans,’ ‘runner beans,’ or ‘Baguio beans’. As varied as the name may be, the same applies to the many ways you can cook them. You can steam, boil, stir-fry, or bake green beans, and; season and accent them in whatever way you desire. This recipe is a twist on a popular classic. Vegan-friendly, low-carb, Paleo, and keto-friendly!
Kcal: 590 Proteins: 11 Fat: 54 Carbs: 23
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
- 1 tsp. / 2 g ginger root, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1.5 oz/ 42 g walnuts, halved
- 2 cups / 220 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. / 30 ml lime juice
- 2 tsp. / 10 ml coconut oil or olive oil
- Salt or substitute, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 245°F / 120°C.
- Place walnut halves on a baking tray and brown lightly in oven, taking care to avoid burning – overall, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the hot baking tray from oven, and set aside to cool. Steam the green beans in a saucepan until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat. Add garlic, ginger, walnuts, lemon or lime juice, oil, and salt or substitute (if desired), and toss well to coat nuts and beans with seasons.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or divide into single portions.
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?