Traditional Middle-eastern falafel are made with chickpeas, but our keto version features cauliflower and almond flour. A real treat!
Nutritional values per serving: Kcal: 600; Protein: 20g | Fat: 53g | Net Carb: 14g
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 12-16 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- Cauliflower, 1 cup (108 g)
- Almond flour, 3/4 Cup (90 g)
- 2 eggs (86 g)
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoon (30 g)
- Cumin, 2 tablespoon (14 g)
- Garlic, 1 garlic clove (4 g)
- Coriander, 1/2 tsp (1 g)
- Cayenne Pepper, 1/2 tsp (1 g)
- Parsley, 2 Tablespoon (8 g)
- Tahini paste, 1 once (28 g)
- Lemon Juice, 1.5 tablespoon (24 g)
- Table salt, 1.5 teaspoon (8 g)
- Chop the cauliflower florets, garlic and parsley.
- Prepare the tahini sauce, mixing with a food processor the tahini paste, the lemon juice, one garlic
clove, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 3 or 4 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower florets in the food processor until you get one cup of puree.
- In a bowl (you can use the food processor) combine the cauliflower puree with almond flour,
eggs, cumin, garlic, coriander, pepper, the remaining salt and lemon juice.
- Form with your hands or with an icecream scooper small balls (1.5/2 inch approx.)
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil, then fry few falafel at a time for 3-4 minutes at each side until they
turn brown (don't turn them too early).
- Serve with tahini sauce and garnish with parsley.
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?