The balsamic-honey marinade gives these healthy roasted veggies a nice twist. You can vary the vegetable mix depending on what you have available, and make this vegan-friendly!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into large chunks
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup / 120 g asparagus or green beans (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. / 45 ml white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup / 60 ml balsamic vinegar
- Leaves from 1 sprig fresh rosemary or:
- approximately 1 Tbsp. / 3⅓ g dry
- 1 Tbsp. / 15 ml honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp. / 1 g thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ⅓ cup / 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230° C.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl or a 1-gallon/4-liter freezer bag.
- Add the vegetables, mix well, and let marinade in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Line a roasting pan with foil or baking parchment. Spread the vegetables in the roasting pan, leaving space between them.
- Pour the remainder of the marinade on top of the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven until vegetables are tender, approximately 20-30 minutes.
Serving size: 1 cup / 130 g
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Carb, 0 Protein, 1 Fat