A classic recipe from the source of the Mediterranean diet.
10 minutes + 30 minutes (optional)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cloves minced raw garlic, or 1 tsp / 3 g powder/granulated
- 1 lb / 454 g snapper (or other fish of choice), divided into 4 fillets
- 1 Tbsp / 2 g fresh chopped basil, or 1 tsp / 1 g dried
- 1 lemon or lime, sliced
- 1 Tbsp / 2 g fresh chopped oregano, or 1 tsp / 1 g dried
- ⅓ cup / 80 g feta or semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil
- Brush or mist the bottom of a glass baking dish with oil, and arrange tomato slices.
- Spread or sprinkle garlic over tomato slices.
- Place fish fillets over seasoned tomato slices.
- Sprinkle basil over fish.
- Place lemon slices over seasoned fish.
- Sprinkle with oregano and crumbled feta cheese.
- If you have time, let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Place a vented or mesh microwave cover over the glass dish, and microwave for 4 ½ to 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Exchanges per Serving: 3 Protein