A decadently healthy mouthful for your sensible sweet tooth! Vegan.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking/Baking Time 30 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
- 1½ cups / 240 g chickpeas, cooked or canned and drained* (preferably low-sodium)
- 1 cup / 120 g shelled nuts of choice
- ¼ cup / 60 ml pure maple syrup or coconut blossom nectar
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml molasses
- 1 tsp / 5 ml vanilla extract
- ½ tsp / 2 g baking powder (preferably aluminum-free)
- ½ tsp / 2 g baking soda
- ¼ cup / 22 g pure cocoa/cacao powder
- 3 oz / 85 g dark chocolate, preferably over 65% cacao, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp / 5 ml nut or olive oil
* Save liquid for other recipes!
- Turn on broiler/grill in oven.
- Spread nuts over baking sheet and place in oven until warm and slightly fragrant.
- Place nuts in a food processor or food chopper with an S-blade, and puree until smooth and buttery, about 20 minutes.
- Add nut butter to large bowl.
- Place chickpeas in food processor or chopper, and purée until well-mashed, gradually adding liquid sweetener.
- Add sweetened chickpea mash to nut butter, along with nearly all remaining ingredients, save for the oil, stirring well to combine.
- Change oven heat to 350°F / 180°C. Brush or mist the cookie sheet with olive or nut oil.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
2 cookies Exchanges per Serving:
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?