This was my Mom's recipe for bran muffins and I exchanged ingredients to make it acceptable for TDC. Vegan-friendly.
Click to get more Easy, Healthy Recipes
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Baking Time 25 minutes
Difficulty Rating 1
Health Level 4
- ¼ cup / 60 ml boiling water
- ¾ cups / 30 g organic whole grain + bran flake cereal
- ¼ cup / 50 g demerarra or raw whole sugar
- 2½ Tbsp. / 34 g coconut butter
- 1 egg, preferably organic omega-3 or pastured or 1 tsp. / 3½ g freshly ground flaxseed blended with 2 Tbsp. / 30 g warm water
- ¼ tsp. / 1½ g salt or substitute
- ½ tsp. / 2½ g baking soda
- ¼ tsp. / 1 g baking powder, preferably aluminum-free
- ½ cup / 120 ml buttermilk, preferably organic pastured
- ¾ cups / 90 g sprouted whole grain flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Grease muffin tin with ½ tablespoon / 22 g coconut butter.
- Pour boiling water over ¼ cup / 10 g of the bran cereal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream remaining together coconut butter, sugar, and eggs/flaxseed mixture.
- Stir in salt/substitute, baking soda and powder, buttermilk, and soaked bran cereal.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and remaining bran cereal, and add to other mixture*.
- Fill greased muffin tin cups to half full. Bake for 25 minutes.
- If not baking immediately, cover and refrigerate until use*. Finished muffins can be frozen and reheated.
1 muffin Exchanges per Serving:
Wasn't that delicious? Do you want more?