Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, annchilds. The following is the link to the exchanges https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists/. They are similar to those used by the American Diabetic Association.
The totals for each meal vary from person to person. If you are interested in yours, what you see in “View Menu Exchange” is the pattern. You can swap foods in the same food groups – as you noted, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, fruits, and vegetables (though if you want to trade a fruit for a vegetable, that’s fine, as it reduces the sugar content).
It’s great that you are preparing your own recipes – that sort of independence can make your progress here that much more sustainable.

Sannalady1 10 years ago

As you can see, I found the information on how to add a picture in FAQS. Thanks for the answers to both questions. Thanks also for the speed in replying!

Sannalady1 10 years ago

Another new user. I have been here a month or two and I now have a picture. How do I add it?

annchilds 10 years ago

Hi there–I am a new user. I think I have missed something fundamental about the program: what are the menu exchanges? I see there is an option to view a Carbs, Protein, Fats, Fruits and Vegetables chart of the weekly menu. Are those the 5 elements to track? How many total should there be for meals, and for snacks? Is that how to determine what can be swapped out? I have a frugal kitchen and need to be able to use ingredients in the form they are available and as they are available. For instance, I’m fortunate to purchase whole organic chickens from a local grower, so I need to be able to use all parts of the chicken, if not from TrimDown recipes, then from my own creations. I have lots of eggplant coming out of my garden, and need more than the 2 recipes shown as a search result. Second question: There are several broken links on the website — where should those be reported?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.