Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
Nelewis7 10 years ago

I will add working out in the manner you were talking about. I hope to see changes soon! Thank you.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Nelewis7. Yes, it is normal at this stage, especially if you have been on restrictive diets in the past. In addition, weight does have a tendency to fluctuate normally.
If you are concerned, try making small changes in your physical fitness to work new muscles, and/or add little 30-bursts of intense activity during a regular workout (i.e. jogging here and there during a walk).
When tracking your progress, stay in tune with how you are feeling and looking and how your clothes fit, more than the number on the scale.

Nelewis7 10 years ago

Hi, I am also new to the plan. I thought I would jump on the 14 day plan to get acclimated more quickly. I am working on filling out the menu for after the 14 days based on what I like in the 14days plus other things I like. The beginning of the 2nd day I had lost 2 lbs., beginning of day four I put on a 1/2 lb., discouraged. Should your weight fluctuate like this? I have been sticking to it, except for not eating organic popcorn but OR 94%fat free. I have been drinking water & green tea. The 1 milk in the menu was 1-2% low fat & I drank skim. Thoughts? My goal is 45lbs!

Readytoloose 10 years ago

Good evening , I am new today, I have been reading and listening all day. I am very excited to start my menu on Monday, very nervous that my family won’t like it. I lost 120 lbs when I was single and not a mom ( had time) . I an great at maintaining my weight so I gained 70 lbs with my son and lost 20 so I am looking to loose 50. I am a really healthy eater or so I thought, until I saw this store what foods not to eat. I hope this works.

Hi, Tracey, and welcome! Your goals sound great. The ratio of macronutrients is about 1 gram each of protein and fat to 3 grams of carbohydrates.

traceyvellis 10 years ago

Hi ossie-Sharon
I am new to your sight and have read the recipes and members thoughts, I love to cook and after reading your recipes it looks like I just need to cut down on alcohol consumption and change the bread we use to whole grain, use butter instead of margarine, use whole grain pastas and rice and different sugars, cut down portion sizes and generally eat more fruit and fiber. Could you tell me what ratio co carbs to protein I should be eating then I can make my own recipes and things to take for packups to work to make it easier for me.
Thanks
Tracey

Hi, jacovelli. Actually, the program won’t automatically correct you – the intention is to give you more freedom, but keep you posted about where you stand. You can adjust how each food fits within your requirements mainly through the portion size. If you are already doing that, can you give examples of problem items?

jacovelli 10 years ago

can someone please explain how the new meal swap works? I have followed the step by step guide but each time the meal substitute comes up it goes over my nutritional requirements. Surely it should automatically give me a replacement meal of the same nutritional value. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, Rita. I have forwarded your request for technical help to tech support (in the future, you can reach them directly through the “Contact Us” link below).
Regarding your menu, yes, you absolutely can repeat days.

Cajohn 10 years ago

Is it ok to repeat the menu of monday exactly the same on tuesday instead of changing daily . I don’t like to keep cooked food in the fridge for too long this way if i make a particular soup i can use it again the next day.
Thanks
Rita

Cajohn 10 years ago

How do i add my picture to my profile?

lauraftonello 10 years ago

How do I adjust this diet for my husband, who wants to lose weight with me. I’m 5’3″ and he is 6’3″. I will follow it but I don’t want him to starve.

Hi, Shepv50. The general ratio of proteins to carbohdyrates here is about 1.5 protein to 2.0 carbohydrate servings, about 1:3 grams. Overall, the diet is fairly low in carbohydrates, about 40-45% of energy (compared to 50-65%), and most of these are high in fiber, which further lessens their glycemic impact. It is important to note that carbohydrate is required to burn fat – if there are not enough carbohydrates, fat is burned poorly. If used as a method of weight loss, this can be very toxic to the body (which is a large part of why loss is so rapid). Because it is unsustainable, weight lost is regained, sometimes more than before, and the metabolism is slowed down.
If you wish, I would be happy to take a look at some of your details and run some calculations, and make recommendations. I just need gender, age, height, weight, amount of physical activity, and dieting history (i.e. if you have been on diets before, what type, and how recently).
Thanks.

Shepv50 10 years ago

Also would like to add my request to those above for the ratio, as some understanding of why you are suggesting thoses foods at those times would aid adaption. This is way more food than I would normally eat and I am afraid of gaining weight as I normally would not be eying bread at every meal. I get why you are introducing snacks to keep the metabolism topped up – but I expected the meals to be smaller (not larger) to compensate for that.

Hi, BarbaraWolfe, and welcome. I would suggest to start by reading the program overview (in My Downloads above) – there is a lot of information there regarding what to eat. You can eventually move on to the articles, which contain additional related information.
In between, I suggest you try the Menu Planner application (in Apps above) to start building your daily menus. Just choose the foods you want (the healthiest choices are in lighter blue), staring with foods you have at home, and gradually fill your cupboards with healthier versions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.