Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

For all concerns regarding finding some of the more specialty items in the Menu Planner, please note that there are more conventional items listed there as well – if you can’t use the optimal foods in your menu, then at least try for unprocessed whole foods, portion control, and low-fat/fat-free.

For all with questions about raw milk and alternatives, please see the article https://www.trimdownclub.com/all-about-raw-milk.
If you are interested in finding raw milk in your area, see http://www.realmilk.com/where.html.

Hi, Johellion. Raw milk etc. is made from milk that has not been pasteurized or homogenized. You can see if it is available where you live through this link http://www.realmilk.com/where.html..

Hi, Judy. SWG stands for sprouted whole grain; an article explaining the importance is here https://www.trimdownclub.com/what-is-swg-bread.

Patrician 11 years ago

Hi all,
I just signed up. I am well able to do this BUT need support as I won’t do it without someone to be accountable to. I have done WW – lifetime member but cost and not having someone to go with has been a deterrent for me. I am hoping this works for me this time. I am finding the menus a bit weird too. I’ll see if I can adjust to work for me. I hope all who are just starting will help me along with support. I know we can do it

Millermj 11 years ago

I live in the US near a large city and I am having problems finding the food products as well, so it is not just the British having problems. Raw milk is not available and illegal to sell in most states. The Trim Down Club owners need to come up with reasonable alternatives that are more readily available in supermarkets. Some of the items I have found are outrageously expensive. In this economy it is not possible to buy everything recommended.

Cynt 11 years ago

I am not using raw milk/cheese products!! Available or not! This is my 6 th day and I’ve come close to the menu plan..with success too! The main thing I think is having a plan..we know what we have to do..keeping the journal is a key for me..this is actually a lot like WW..BUT no weekly fees!!

SusanH65 11 years ago

OK, here’s the problem. NO raw cheese or raw milk. No grass fed beef or free range chickens. No SWG bread products. I live in a small town with two groceries. One is WalMart; the other is Brookshire Brothers. If you order all that is recommended online, then you are paying a boatload of money. I appreciate knowing what is best for you. Now let’s get real. Help us work with what is available. What to do, what to do!

judystrimdownclub 11 years ago

I am new also, have dropped coffee and black tea. I am much better now. I do dring green tea and fruit flavored herbal teas and they are great. I has taken about 5 years to truly be coffee and black tea free; but I am and do not regret the work it took. My body now is able to fight infection better, heal better, and I am thinking more clear. TI believe the American coffee culture is thru propaganda so I am opting out! Now for the food thing…

awayagain4 11 years ago

Warburtons make a wholegrain loaf that is available in most UK supermarkets.

judem60 11 years ago

I’m finding this really difficult to get my head round.. SWG???? I cannot find this anywhere (in UK) would wholewheat malted granary be good or bad?
a lot of the dishes/ ingredients are aimed at america I think! at least I havent heard of them and cannot find them locally (I live in a rural area and we are very limited for choice here)

awayagain4 11 years ago

Weight Watchers sounds quite cheap when you compare it with the cost of the expensive organic food us Brits will have to buy in order to follow the programme. At least with Weight Watchers I could have basic food stuffs easily available in the UK. There was a proper plan that gave portion sizes and a list of Filling and Healthy foods. I could eat or drink what I wanted as long as I counted the food. I did learn a lot about good nutrition.

Having lost most of my weight with only a few more pounds to go I switched to the Trim Down Diet with maintenance in mind. I thought with a ‘one off’ payment it would prove the cheaper option. Now I’m not so sure.

Johellion 11 years ago

Hey there!! I am new, and just joined last night!!! What is “RAW” cottage cheese, and butter? Is that something you have to buy at a speciality store?Is RAW butter unsalted butter? Please help me. Going shopping tomorrow, and need to know where to go. Starting diet Monday.

judystrimdownclub 11 years ago

Wondering what SWG Bread) means? Specifically, what does SWG mean?

Thanks,

awayagain4 11 years ago

Whoops! sorry – posted twice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.