Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, skitty. There are indeed a fair number of UK folks using this program. Until they chime in, I am attaching a link to a shopping guide for the UK https://www.trimdownclub.com/where-to-buy-uk/. In general, it is good to check out your local health food shop. Beyond that, the products are increasingly seen in major market chains, including Sainsbury and Tesco. It is important to note that some of the items seem unfamiliar because they are not widely marketed, which is part of why they are so nutritious – they have not been excessively manipulated. They were selected for their high nutritional value and contribution to supporting a healthy metabolism and weight loss.

skitty 10 years ago

I would like to find anyone in the uk using this menu as some of the suggestions are difficult to find in the country

ahschmook 10 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I eat only organic and free range chicken, turkey and wild Alaskan salmon. I moved to LA from Alaska so I know the benefits of the wild Alaskan salmon, which is so much better than Atlantic salmon. I will read the article you suggested and I’ll take a look at the facebook page too.

Hi, ahschmook. It sounds like you are very much on the right track! This program also advocates food as medicine – see our articles and Facebook page for various reports on spices that are healing.
Regarding GMO, see our article herehttps://www.trimdownclub.com/when-to-go-organic-2/. It discusses soy. The Menu Planner offers many alternatives to soy, but we also encourage organic – which eliminates the risk of GM as much as possible.

ahschmook 10 years ago

I don’t use any soy products at all as they may be GMO and GMO food is not labeled. You really need to have alternatives to all soy products and include a message about the possibility of GMOs. I have high blood pressure, borderline diabetes, obesity, and high cholesterol. I also reversed fatty liver too just by changing what I ate. I have been using “food as medicine” and have done a lot of research. I have lost 37 pounds, brought my cholesterol down from 184 to 160 and my doctor wants me to get it to 130. My blood pressure was consistently high and spiked to 226/116 in Feb 2013. I was taken by ambulance to the ER. I had an MRI, urine test and blood tests taken and it took all day to get my pressure down. That’s when I got really serious about “food as medicine” and made some very dramatic changes. My blood pressure is consistently 108/60, 107/62, or 109/63. In the process of all my research, I learned a lot about using spices for cleansing my liver, lowering my blood sugar, etc. I use fresh garlic and organic apple cider vinegar to help keep my blood pressure down too. I use cinnamon in a lot of recipes to keep my blood sugar down. I have several great chicken recipes that use cinnamon and they are yummy. I use Tumeric as it’s a great liver cleanser. When I think of alternatives, I think of eating for health reasons. This way of eating is also about weight loss for health and then maintaining it. I work closely with my medical doctor on what I am doing to benefit my health.

Hi, Ahschmook. We are currently upgrading the Menu Planner to cater to people just like you, and will include more hemp products. In the meantime, just swap the hemp milk in for whatever milk you find there (i.e. soy milk).
Other items fit the raw lifestyle – lots of nuts, other seeds, vegetables, fruits, raw cheese. Many are intentionally low in gluten – i.e. quinoa, amaranth.
Some of the item descriptions are kept very general (i.e. cereal with milk) intentionally so that you can slip in anything you want.
What other alternatives are missing?

ahschmook 10 years ago

At the beginning of meal planning, I checked everything–vegetarian, non-dairy, low cholesterol, gluten free and low sugar. These are because of health problems. I’m losing weight with a vegetarian and raw food eating plan without any gluten. I drink Hemp Milk. No bread at all. I don’t find many selections available to me in the meal planning with the items that I’ve checked off. I have already lost 37 lbs and need to lose another 28 pounds. I’m wondering if I would be better on my own rather than trying to use this menu planner that really doesn’t include any items that I can choose from. Are there any alternatives?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.