Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, LaurieBeth, and welcome. It looks like you are using the Ready-to-Go menus, which are not very personalized. I encourage you to use the full Menu Planner application (in “Apps” above, comes with a tutorial) so that you can select the foods you want and avoid those that don’t work for you. You can get a someone filtered food list by indicating in your profile (bottom right corner) what major category of special diet you would like.

Lauriebeth55 8 years ago

I just joined and I find this confusing. My meal plan has salmon on it, I know I can change it, but isn’t there somewhere you can input your likes and dislikes? How about allergies? I’m allergic to shellfish. I’d like to be able to click on a dish in my plan and have it go to the recipe if there is one. I have so many windows open while trying to do things.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Justnan2u. That’s great! You have indeed found the secret to enjoying this program.

Justnan2u 8 years ago

So far I’m pleased as the menus are made of of only food I SELECTED at the start. This is unheard of for us picky eaters. I do substitute a lot and have decreased some veg portions . I don’t pay attention to the pasteurized and cured as I want to succeed using the same foods my family eat but learn what’s cobinations I need . I asked at the butchers counter what non cured meat they had an was looked at like I had 3 heads. I’m using reg lean meat in lesser portions…… The big thing is I am exercising or walking 10 min 3 times a day to start and feel so much better. I Have 40 lbs to lose and have lost abt 5 after one week. Oddly my initiative is now coming from how good I feel mentally and physically and I know the weight loss will follow. A special note..using the sesame oil has improved my bowel sluggishness a lot. Thank you for that. I’d never have known had I not tried this plan. Good luck all. Let’s get er’ done , lol. At 65 I’m feeling 50 this week.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Jdtn1882. Don’t worry about anything that doesn’t suit you. We encourage the ideal, but it isn’t necessary for you to succeed – just do better than you did before, and try to use minimally processed foods as much as possible, and you will already be benefiting.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi to all. Tech development is working on the odd combinations issue, and hopefully you already see an improvement. Bonnie, you can find information about food combining in our Program Guide, which is available in “My Downloads” above. It is done automatically in the menus, and is really quite simple – carbohydrates should be accompanied by proteins or fats, an herbs and spices can enhance your efforts.

Jdtn1882 8 years ago

Agreed on the difficult side…I have shopped, sparringly mind you, at a local organic grocery store and it is a checkbook killer!!, SWG, Vegan, organic don’t work for me… Is this program even possible for me?.

harmony23 8 years ago

I recently joined, the meal planning is difficult. Some of the food combinations seem to be a little strange. Any suggestions?

BonnieGrillo 8 years ago

I just joined the Trim Down Club and still cannot figure out how to plan a meal! Where do I find; which foods to eat together in order to loose weight as talked about in the video that I to listened to! How to eat and enjoy your favourite foods! I’m confused

Thank you
Bonnie G

Minipom 8 years ago

I joined a couple of days ago, I am in the UK. I find the menu planner a little strange. The choices of meals and snacks that come up are to say the least an odd combinations of foods. I have spent time swapping thing out and changing to a better selection. I would not say I am a finicky eater but there are a lot of foods in the list that I don’t like. I will keep trying though.

paula180567 8 years ago

Hi Skitty. I am in the Uk and joined just over a week ago. I have been just picking the items in the menu planner that are readily available and substituting or swapping out things. Holland & Barrat carry most of the flour & Stevia for cooking @ the best economical bread that fits the bill is Tesco bakery whole seed. I have lost 6lb in 8 days am eating more than I have for years and even sneaking in the odd glass of wine.I have also substituted my PG with green tea. Hope this helps. Paula

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, preed0015. Many of the recipes are in the Menu Planner lists, and you can select them if you use the Menu Planner application to build your menus. For the recipes that are not yet in the app, you can select something similar, and then make the swap when it comes time to prepare the meal.

preed0015 8 years ago

Can you tell me please how I incorporate the recipes from the recipe section into the meal plan

Support 8 years ago

Hi Barbara,
When you select your foods using the Trim Down Club Menu Planner, we suggest you choose the ones you’re most familiar with to start.
As you progress through the program, slowly incorporate the foods in the lighter colors. Try and keep your menu’s health level over 80%.
Best 😉

barbarawoodland 8 years ago

Good evening I don’t what to eat I need help in meal planning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.