Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
AEMillington 11 years ago

I agree about the single person; although you can repeat a meal just to use up the portions it is not much fun. Reducing the quantities is sometimes hard too: so if the other prtions can be frozen, I’d appreciate it if we were told. Oh, and hallo to everyone as I have just joined the program.

Darlene 11 years ago

I was wondering whether the meals could be frozen/thawed and reheated? It would be nice to include this information with the recipe, including how to…

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

I will forward your suggestion, perhaps something with calculation features. In the meantime, perhaps single portions could be calculated from the ingredient list – some items may also require a bit less cook time as a result

rnh 11 years ago

The amount of the portion for a single serving is fine for me. However, since I am cooking for one person I would have a lot of food left over from the recipes. What I plan to do is pull from my menu planner the items I want to eat for a couple of days, mix and match menus with lunch and dinner. This will allow me to plan and prepare my meals ahead of time and use leftovers and fresh produce accordingly. Reapeating the same menu for a couple of days may help in not having to buy EVERYTHING listed in the menus. I think it’s great that the menu planner allows the flexibility to mix and match.
I do have a suggestion for the TrimDown Club. And that is, determine a way for the menu planner to be adapted for a single person.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

SWG stands for “sprouted whole grains”. These products are available at health-oriented stires, including large chains like Whole Foods and Trader Joes. If you cannot find them, 100% whole grain products are also acceptable – but look for the “100%”.
The shopping list may be large at first for the initial stock-up, but then you will just be replacing items as they run out, as you would for the foods you eat now.
The easiest and fastest receipes might be the following (these have the fewest ingredients, and you can pretty much get away with just throwing everything together):
Banana Strawberry Oats Breakfast Meal
Squash Omelet
Broccoli Mushroom Melts
Shiitake Chicken Ensemble
Chicken and Black Bean Quesadilla
Perfect Trout Grill
Truly Simply Tuna
Brown Rice Pasta and Broccoli Medley
Tomato-Stewed Okra and Carrots
Black Bean SWG (sprouted whole grain)Burrito Pockets
Black Eyed Peas Spinach Stew
Coconut Stewed Garbanzo and Kale (you can use powdered seasonings and don’t have to cook it for 30 minutes if the garbanzo beans are pre-cooked)
Lentil Celery Potato Soup
Creamy Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
Skillet Fudge Brownies
As long as you get the idea of what makes a healthy recipe, you can cook what sounds good to you.

susie 11 years ago

I feel the same way.. I live in Staten Island New York.. What is SWG bread and products?

debjane 11 years ago

Hi, I’m new to Trim Down Club. Just started and need help….I’m not a good cook nor do I like to cook. Looking at menu planner schedule for just one week, i’d be cooking for hours in the morning and night….and what do I do with all the extra portions? I did a quick shopping list for one week and it’s enormous. I can’t find SWG products anywhere (live in Western Mass.). I just feel so frustrated. Can I try cooking for one morning and having that for the next three mornings? I like to cook on Sunday for my lunches all week…..same for dinner….any suggestions? Sure wish the recipes were simpler.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.