Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
BobGrouix 10 years ago

Meagan, I think it is the gradual aging progress. I have always been physically active most of my. It is since I retired, other than brisk walking every day only my fingers got exercise. [Typing, Clicking the remote for my audio- video equipment-LoL!] Since I joined TDC I have slowly stepped up my exercise program a bit at a time. One of my friends who used to do the over 50 cross country foot racing with me suggested that I start on Glucosamine. I just need validation from an expert. Again, thanks Meagan.

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Bonitag,
Yes, I have heard that the tread climber is great on the knees! It is basically an elliptical and treadmill in one. I love the elliptical because it does not put as much compression on the joints!

Thank you for sharing!

bonitag 10 years ago

I do inversion therapy, I hang upside down almost daily!!! Really helps with aging pain we have!!!

bonitag 10 years ago

I feel I have to share this! I really have had a hard time on treadmills with my knees! Our home burned in 12/2010, we lost everything! Still our glass was half full!! Praise God!! I had a room of equipment 2 treadmills included! last year, I finally decided on a piece of equipment, I ordered the bow flex tread climber.
It is the best workout I’ve ever tried! Wears me out in less time, then I noticed my knees and hips did not hurt! Almost a year now and still no knee pain! Promise I’m not advertising for them, but glad I made that decision!!!

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Bob,
Yes it will help at any age! It will take some time for it to take effect because it has to build in your system. You may benefit from MSM as well. The combo of Glucosamine and MSM has worked very well for many of my clients.

And when you say aching knees is it due to the type of exercise, previous injury, low cartilage??

BobGrouix 10 years ago

We are encouraged to post, however, when I posted I got no reply. What does One have to do to get on the “A” list of the trim down staff?

glenhandy4 10 years ago

streeching and shoulder movement back and forth. touching to the toes. My Mother could touch her toes at 90. I am 71 now and can do most walking and streching.

BobGrouix 10 years ago

A Question for Meagan- Since I have stepped up my physical fitness program I started taking Glucosamine last week because of my aching knees after exercises. I know it is too soon to feel the benefits. My question is: Would this supplement really benefit a person of my age [61]?—Bob—

LindaKent 10 years ago

Degborah _ I am here just can’t find you again. I don’t know what I do wrong but dang. Hope this gets to you as my last one came back to me. Have been busy with Monte sick. He’s been sick off and on since mid SEPT. Take care. Linda

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

I wish we did but we don’t

candy9 10 years ago

There us a program on the TV called Sit and Be Fit. My mother finds it really useful, so do I when I do it. Hope you get it where you are.

chairexercisefun.com!! Debbie

AnnaH 10 years ago

There are a lot of chair exercise videos on You Tube and I have been doing those. I have problems with my left knee and both hips and find that I can do those for a total body workout including the dodgy knees and hips.

I don ‘t know but I’m taking notes as that’s where I’m headed I’m afraid!!

jinnyht 10 years ago

I had a total knee replacement almost year ago, and it took months before it felt better than before surgery. During physical therapy after the surgery, I learned that biking is the best exercise for knees. When I was in pain, all I had to do was get on the bike for 20 minutes and the pain was gone when I finished. I also did a lot of “Pool Walking,” as well as stretching exercises. I still ride the bike, but I notice that I don’t really work up a “sweat” til 20 minutes into the ride, so I spend 40 minutes or so on it.
It definitely helps with my weight loss.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.