Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
lesjarokeeburmese 5 years ago

Everything on the Forum seems years a go – but Incase there is still anyone looking at this Forum – you don’t need to buy videos of Chair exercises you can do them on U TUBE free also Chair Yoga

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, lesjarokeeburmese. It is best to cut back on the starchy carbohydrates in your plan, in whatever meal they might be. Protein, produce, and good fats are important for your healing.

I go to Hydro Therapy – and do some chair exercises – can not exercise stood up as knees hurt too Much – -I am now on week three – yet again can not move to week three on my Food plan – bit disheartened as this week only lost 1/2 pound – do you think I should cut back on the number of snack a day?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, lesjarokeeburmese. Do the menus you have here suit you? If not, please repost here, and I would be happy to work with you on improving them.
Additionally, exercise is very important, If you have access to a swimming pool, water aerobics can be a great way to get exercise with painful knees. In addition, below are a few video clips to give you some ideas for other fitness options:
Deskercise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn8Vpzjoz2I&list=PLcYLl4MTY9oQv–HKsFLgST544prdjBx1&index=3
PiYo Toe Touches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3IXRRvA2TQ
Abs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wm2pXpUiY&index=1&list=PLcYLl4MTY9oQv–HKsFLgST544prdjBx1

I have bad knees bone on bone – plus I have a neglected Achilles Ruptured Tendon – can not hardly walk a few feet – feel as if I have suddenly aged years – didn’t help I had Giant Cell Artistes and had to go on very high steroids – which made everything worse and put 2 tone in weight on me – really need to get the stones off – will this diet really do it – as I am finding working out what to eat a full time job !!

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Marie. If you have access to a swimming pool, that may be a good option.

TESS73 9 years ago

I HAD VERICROSE VEINS REMOVED FROM MY RIGHT KNEE. IT HAS BEEN TWO YEARS AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EXERCISE AS BEFORE. I USED TO DO SOME YOGA, CAN’T GET BACK UP OFF THE FLOOR. I NOW TRY ON A CHAIR. I USE TO DO CARDIO CLASSES AND SPIN, JUST A FEW YEARS AGO. NOW EVERY THING HURTS. I HAVE HAD EVERY MEDICAL EXAM KNOWN TO MAN, NO ANSWERS FOUND. I DO KEEP AS BUSY AS I CAN PARK FAR, USE THE STAIRS ETC. ANY IDEAS. THANKS. MARIE IN RENO

Kayakjacky 10 years ago

Try swimming! I have had one knee replacement and surgery on other knee. I tore my Achilles’ tendon last fall. So you see I am an orthopedic wreck! Swimming has been a life saver. I feel so much better, my blood pressure has gone way down and I am much stronger. And swimming is very easy on your knees.

tlp196464 10 years ago

Try bicycling. Had knee replacement surgery and it was the best thing I’ve done. Stationary bike takes stress off of knees and ride without injury or pain. That was doctor ordered. Orthopaedic Surgeon. Help with fibromyalgia is Lyrica. I no longer need opiates. Easy stretching. Breathing and meditation. MOVE, don’t rest all day. Just move as much as you can. Use electric carts at stores as you shop. Surgey Consultation recommended. Check Doctor’s history and references from patients treated.Feel better soon and keep moving.

HeatherButler 10 years ago

I had a total knee replacement October 2013 and still recuperating. I also have been diagnosed with
Fibromyalgia. I use toning tables for an exercise programme 3 days a week and treadmill twice a week. Am new to the club so hope with the eating programme and exercise I shall be slim again (I hope)
Heather Butler

Photogirl089 10 years ago

I am joining today, I have bad knees and am currently trying to lose weight and get stronger so I can have a knee replacement surgery………it\’s bone on bone for me…….I do the injections thou……..I am looking for friends with same probs and advise.

Photogirl089 10 years ago

I am joining today, I have bad knees and am currently trying to lose weight and get stronger so I can have a knee replacement surgery………it’s bone on bone for me…….I do the injections thou……..I am looking for friends with same probs and advise.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Kritter. I have been considering your background and checking a number of sources, and at the risk of being discouraging, I really, truly recommend that you get that sort of advice from a physical therapist that is either familiar with your case or can evaluate your background in order to recommend anything that uses your legs.
To strengthen other parts of your body to compensate, you can consider working on your “core” by doing sit ups, sitting weight lifting, push-ups in which you don’t lock your knees, and stretches to maintain your flexibility (i.e leg lifts while you are on your back, to strengthen your thighs so they take the stress off your knees).

kritter59 10 years ago

Yes I had Achilles surgery ! Ouch! I need bilateral knee replacements. I can’t afford them now. I haven’t worked since July. Looking for a job but trying to learn how to walk with pretty much bone on bone is tough . I feel my md did not take care of my needs post op. . Bummer now I’m trying to get in shape. My Achilles r still both tight ! My knees always ache I’ve had 6 micro fractures, an abrasion surgery, acl , 7 knee surgeries all together. Now post op Achilles with nonweightbearing bearing for 4 weeks , trying to learn how to walk without pain meds for another month.ouch! The next 2 months trying just to walk! My muscles have suffered atrophy! Knees have really weakened! I take magnanese,copper , osteo biflex with 5 loxin,1/2 Vicodin every 3 hours (4 a day),tramadol at night, krill oil, flaxseed,cherry turmeric, I have an eliptical and total gym. I spend most of my money on shoes cuz my feet n knees hurt, trying to lose pounds, and not eating much toxins like wheat,Corn,soy products. Also trying to make homeside. I’m sick of the pain, weakening knees,and restrictions. Any suggestions?

thekid 10 years ago

Bob et al…. try to get your glucosamine naturally and all your vitamins and nutrients for that matter. Udo’s oil is a very good natural way to get your glucosamine. Bee pollen, chlorella, spurilium, goji berries, blueberries, chia seeds, coconut oil. I try not to take anything processed especially pills.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.