Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Cindy. How are you doing? If you want some detailed input, you are welcome to post a sample day from your menu, along with your height, weight, age, and level of physical activity. I will do some calculations and get back to you.
In the meantime, maybe enter the process more slowly – start out with more familiar foods and gradually add in the new healthier items.

Cindy 11 years ago

I am diabetic and really don’t like the recipe’s – I spent over $100.00 for some of the ingredients and find I eat the same as before – mostly low carb, stear away from simple sugars, wheat but love my wine. I have been eating like this for several months and no change what so ever. What am I doing wrong. As for exercise, that is hard for now, I am just getting over anemia so not much energy but am working on that but it takes so long to get the hemogobin back in the range and feeling better. Anyone have any suggestions.

Tanna 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie for your reply,I will look into it further.

Hi, Marli. You can find raw milk in Canada through these links http://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/other-countries/#can. Yes, pasteurization kills the bacteria, but proponents of raw milk claim it also kills too many enzymes and disrupts other benefits. You can see the Trim Down Club on the topic here https://www.trimdownclub.com/all-about-raw-milk/.

Hi, Tanna. It really depends on the type of cane sugar. It is preferable if it has undergone minimal processing, to retain the vitamins and minerals responsible for balancing your body’s reaction to the sugar. You can read more here, which is a source for a good product http://www.naturescargo.ca/cane.html.

Tanna 11 years ago

Just wanted some input about cane sugar,good or not good.I have notice it’s in quit a few things we eat and drink.

Marli 11 years ago

I was so excited to find some fellow Canadians on here! I buy very little of the organic options, and none of the “raw”. Is unpasteurized milk even sold here? I was under the impression that the process kills bacteria…

Tanna 11 years ago

My husband and I quit eating all sugar and flour altogether.(gluten free) kids are having a hard time with some of the change but it’s starting to work.

Patrician 11 years ago

I have been following program for 1 week. I did not get all the fancy/different food items. The biggest thing is being aware of what you are eating, when you are eating, portion control There are always better choices. Whole grain over white, baked potato over fries etc. See my point? I think you can still do the program without all the swg bread etc. BUT as they suggest it is the BES choice. so go ahead make small changes that are healthier

Marlenehoran 11 years ago

HelloLisaH Tanna Cynt Chris20 thank you for responding , I would like to hear more about ur ways to make this plan work, anything that would help, reciepies that would help , I’m having a hard time an feel I will give up soon cause a lot of the stuff on the preplan meal I can’t get or never heard of.

Chris20 11 years ago

hi iam chris from near montreal age 78 yrs retired nurse i know i should know better my suggestion s are if you cant afford raw vegetables frozen or tin foods are okay jutst make sure you rinse of the salt and sugar best of luck

Hi, Marlene. Congratulations on finishing your treatment!
As long as you stick with whole, unprocessed foods, you are sticking to one of the major principles of the program. Don’t worry about raw and organic if it they are not easily available or affordable. Important exceptions (that really should be purchased organic) are as follows:
1. Strawberries
2. Corn and corn products
3. Soy products

Marlenehoran 11 years ago

I can’t afford to buy these organic raw foods, I wonder if the program will still work? I am a single mother with 2teenagers and I just finished chemo an radiation, so I would like to loose 15 lbs because the treatments left me with very sore joints, hoping that the 15 lbs will make me feel better , so if anyone has done this program without the raw organic foods please let me know an how u did it.

Cynt 11 years ago

Canadian too..East coast..9 days into program now..I’m not buying the raw products or even organic..I have increased my intake of grains..I do think they are the key..found the swg bread in supermarket..a bit expensive but I am willing to do that..so far so good…I’ down a size so far!!

Tanna 11 years ago

I live just 10 minutes away from Anita’s organic Mill and will also going into the store to get my flour.Nice to see someone here from Canada.Was starting to think it was just the UK signing up.Good luck LisaH and Marlenehoran and hope to talk to you more about your journey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.