You hear an awful lot about female infertility, but what about male infertility? In more and more cases you are hearing that the male may be the issue in a couple’s infertility issues. This is a common concern and therefore many men want to work towards prevention.
If you find that you are in a situation where male fertility may be a concern, rest assured that there are some excellent ways to counteract that. Not only that but you may even be able to turn to certain foods as prevention and even a cure for the most common male infertility issues. So eat up and enjoy some of these delicious and nutritious foods that just so happen to be helpful in male fertility issues.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Not only are these loaded with zinc but they also contain a good serving of Omega-3 fatty acids. This can help to increase blood flow to the genitals and therefore increase sperm production. The zinc will help to increase sperm and testosterone production and so you can see that this makes for a wonderful combination. If you want to increase your fertility as a male then these seeds should become a regular fixture in your diet.
- Pomegranate Juice: You may know that pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and that helps a whole slew of health issues. What you may not realize is that the actual juice of the pomegranate can actually boost sperm count and quality. That matters dramatically to a man who may be experiencing related issues. Therefore you need to include this healthy juice in your diet for better male health overall.
- Oysters: This is not just a myth as this is one of the best male fertility foods around. You can turn to this well known aphrodisiac for a number of reasons, and the majority of it has to do with the zinc content. The zinc in oysters helps to increase sperm and testosterone production, both of which are important for male fertility. So try sucking these down and see how much they really do offer help in this area!
- Sweet Potatoes: If you want servings of Vitamins A, C, E and folate then this is your food of choice. All of these nutrients are equally important within male fertility issues. They can help to keep the sperm vital and healthy, ensure that they stay free of any chromosomal abnormalities, and ensure that they flow properly. All of this is obviously important within male fertility and therefore you want to eat plenty of sweet potatoes to get the very best servings of all of these nutrients.
- Collard Greens: One of the greatest benefits of these greens is that they happen to offer a healthy serving of antioxidants. We think of these nutrients as a way of protecting our cells and keeping us healthy, and that is true. However when it comes to male fertility issues you will find that collard greens and their powerful antioxidant content you will get everything you need. What these antioxidants do is help to protect the sperm from cellular damage. Not only that but they can also help to keep the sperm healthy and ensure that they move rapidly for implantation. That’s a huge benefit and a great way of ensuring that the male is in good shape for fertility overall.