Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, smiller. You don’t need to worry about being too perfect – as long as you’re eating relatively whole and unprocessed foods, you will be benefiting. You can also take advantage of our articles on budgeting (https://www.trimdownclub.com/budget-friendly-ways-to-manage-your-weight/ and https://www.trimdownclub.com/managing-a-budget-while-managing-your-weight/).

sherry8518 6 years ago

I am in the same boat with budget, however I do have more flexibility with time since I only work part time. But it has taken me three days focused primarily on food to get a working idea.But today I went to the grocery store and was able to pick up 4 or 5 vegetables that would be quick and easy to use and I did not even have a grocery list. I would recommend developing just a 1day menu. Maybe just one meal a week. Then just use that same menu every every other day and keep eating the way you do now on the other days. Don’t look at what you haven’t accomplish just celebrate what you have accomplished, even if it doesn’t seem like much. My dad always said “you eat an elephant one bite at a time. It may take months to gate to the point you use the meal plan every day consistently. But if you just take one step at a time based on your time constraints and budget you will get there.

smiller2663 6 years ago

I am kinda in the same boat, no time and somewhat complicated.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, teachercoachmomma. You can repeat meals and whole days as often as you wish.

teachercoachmamma 6 years ago

Yeah, not gonna work for me. I may finally have a working menu and grocery list … but it took me all morning and now I don’t have time to grocery shop before work and I STILL haven’t had time to make anything to eat. This is wwwaaaaayyyyyyyyy too complicated for busy, economically challenged moms who have to work more than play just to put basic food on the table and pay the bills.

A week later and I still haven’t started. I want to give this a try, but I have spent so much time trying to get the menus to work with our budget, what we have on hand, the time I have to cook, fitting what I can eat in with what I have to make for the family, and how do you eat so many times a day? I don’t even have enough time to eat all this food! Still pretty discouraged about this.
Is there some way to set a day menu and then just eat that all week without having to redo each day individually? That way I am not buying a hundred different food items and only using a bit of it – I can use up a whole jar of sauce in one week or the package of sausage, etc. I can also just change the dinners and try to make them fit somewhat with what my family will eat. I have a daughter already on a special diet and with this “plan” for me, I am going to end up with 3 dinners to make each night and I work through the dinner hour 3 nights a week so have to have them pre-prepped or in the crockpot. Sheesh, still don’t know if I can do this.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, teachercoachmamma. It looks like you would benefit most from using the subapplication of the menu planner, so that you can add specific foods to meals as you wish, and let the system worry about the exchanges. You can access this by clicking on the circular arrow icon to the right of each meal header, and just follow the directions. In the food lists, you will see pizza listed, and you can use one of our pizza recipes for that. For reference, the Simple Snappy Skillet Pizza is about 16 ounces without toppings (just tomato sauce and cheese), and the Homemade Pizza with SWG crust is about 48 ounces without toppings (just tomato sauce and cheese).

I just signed up today and am so discouraged already! I have 3 jobs and NO FREE TIME – that is why I chose this. It was supposed to be simple and easy to follow and food prep for. I spent my entire morning before work today trying to figure out the menu planner so I could have a grocery list ready for tomorrow so I could start on Sunday (12 hour work day on Saturday). I got some things changed, but could not figure out how to put recipes into the menu plan? For example, we do pizza night every Friday. I want to keep that with the family, but want to adapt one for me. There is a recipe that I can use from the sight, but how do I add it in without looking up the exchanges? Is there a way? I don’t like how things have shaken out. Is there a way to go in and redo my choices and choose a different way to do this? I can’t keep at it if I have to spend hours getting a menu together. I tried to delete a food, too, but it kept showing back up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.