Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, to all. Yes, it is important to avoid artificial sweeteners and only go for the natural, unrefined options. You can read more about good choices here – https://www.trimdownclub.com/the-best-way-to-sweeten-your-tea-2/.

nicolemanson 9 years ago

Spongy, I agree with you 100%. One of the things about changing your eating habits & putting real, wholesome food into your body is staying away from things that are ‘artificial’. Stevia is only natural if you get in ‘Leaf’ form or ground leaf. And even then, it is still a sweetener & possibly no better than sugar. I stay away from white sugar, brown sugar, honey, agave, and pretty much all sweeteners. The exception is that i use a tiny bit of sugar free creamer for my coffee, and i am slowing trying to eliminate that as well. The only sweetener we should be adding to our foods is fruit.

Spongy 9 years ago

According to my husband, who is a researcher in biology, a study was performed. The results were published in Nature Magazine. It states that sweeteners no matter which ones(stevia, splenda, equal, etc)are terrible for our health. They were able to prove that we are more likely to develop diabetes by the use of these products compared to ingesting regular sugar. It has something to do with how our bacteria in our gut processes it. It was not tested in humans, only on mice. I believe it therefore, I am going to reduce the intake of it.

I also noted that when I ingest sweeteners, my nerves become more irritated, hence more bodily pain. (I have RSD, Fibro as well as arthritis)

I hope that this information can be useful to all of you.

Have a nice day!

ladyhotwheels 9 years ago

I only use pure Stevia extract now to sweeten just about anything, including green tea, fruit, and cereal. It is a natural sweetener and there are no calories or fat, as far as I know.

nicolemanson 9 years ago

I usually skip sweeteners and add fruit instead. Either i’ll just chop up some fruit and add it, or i’ll blend it first. So far, my favorite is chopped peaches, or blended mixed berries (Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)

sandadawn 9 years ago

Is there any sweetener to use with oatmeal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.