Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Ngraham 10 years ago

This would be more user friendly if it were an app for iphone / droid etc. for people always on the go.

Tstands 10 years ago

If there was a way (maybe there is and I just don’t know), to make a “favorite” list or put an astric next to menus we particularly like -maybe next to the menu number or even ability to give them a name. I think this would be helpful, instead of opening all the menus to figure out which week had certain meal combos that fit my schedule, etc. 🙂

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Thanks, again, Sharon. I appreciate you forwarding the suggestions. I love TDC and want it as user-friendly and exciting to everyone as possible! Whenever users think “Oh, I wish we could do this with the TDC program”, maybe if they start submitting that idea, it will make the program even better and better. I think with these added features, it will help! I think the program has so much going for it, I want it to be a tool many, many people turn to and have success with!!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, blessingcatcher. We are indeed working on a feature that will increase the recipe options in the menu. The total number of recipes on the site has been increasing very quickly, and so there will be a different sort of upgrade to enable them to be used.
As for the sweets, you can use this rule: 1 sweet = 1 carb + 1 fat. I will forward this e-mail to our tech developers.

No, no! Sorry for the confusion. Weekly menu works great for me. I would just like to have a screen at the beginning where we request 2 or 3 dishes in particular to be worked into our suggested menu that week. And, I would like to see the featured recipes that are on the home page each week or so included as an option as well in our menu. That way, we will get to try some of those mouth-watering new recipes we always drool over! 🙂 And, I have looked up on the dessert exchange, but it says “0” in all columns … it says that it is just a sweet treat that you are allowed to have, with no value to it. That makes it difficult if I am trying to decide a substitute. Some of the desserts are mostly protein, others have more carb value, others have sugars, etc. Makes it difficult for me to decide what is best. Sometimes, I have to substitute, and I do my best to choose something similar, but was just wondering if that was an option that could be added. Thanks, as always, Sharon.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, BlessingCatcher. Are you suggesting the ability to change the menus each day, rather than the weekly format? I will forward your suggestions to the tech development team. In the meantime, you can click on “Change recipe & food variety” to reduce the number of recipes that appear in the menu – which automatically brings up simpler meals. You can also click on “View Menu Exchanges” to see what food groups/amounts are represented in a given recipe, and just substitute with simpler foods (i.e. fruit and yogurt for a dessert).

Another suggestion I have. Sometimes, the recipes are more than I want to do that day. Could we have just something simple offered as a choice as well? For example, my menu planner is currently stuck on my afternoon choices of the desserts. I am not really a dessert person and would be happier with a fruit and yogurt some days. Or, on one of the days when there are only 6 different entrees to prepare listed, I would like to have a choice of a simple meat to heat. Possible?

Another idea I have thought of. We all have something(s) we’d like to try, but stick to our menus faithfully! Could there be a screen added to the beginning where we could choose 2 or 3 items we’d like to add to our menu that week? For example, maybe we want to try one of the shakes, but it hasn’t been offered yet on our menus. Or, one of the new recipes we have seen. It could easily be incorporated into the menu-creating program, I would think.

I’d like to have the featured recipes each week offered in our menu planner somewhere. They always look so good, but I won’t substitute anything off my menu yet!!

Any good ideas that will help that great TDC team make this wonderful program more user friendly? Or something that will make a pleasant change in the menu planner? Let’s write out those suggestions that we think of as we are using the program that would make it better for us!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.