Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
jeffandbarb 8 years ago

I’m type 2 diabetic have followed diet properly but my sugar levels are nearly always high 2 hours after meals. Does it take a while for sugar to correct. I take 3 metformin/day

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Skeezix. The entire program is based on the principles of supporting diabetics. No worries.

skeezix 9 years ago

I have just found out I am prediabetic and my Doctor has started me on Metformin. Will this effect my menu choices?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Alice. Yes, but do be sure to get pure syrup. Each tablespoon is a carb exchange, though you can have up to 2 teaspoons per day β€œfree”.

alice1926 9 years ago

Is maple syrup ok to use as a sweetener

burch 9 years ago

Looks like everyone’s in the same boat. High blood sugar is too common nowadays due to high sugar levels in just about everything. Or what I like to call empty carbs. No nutrition. I’ve lost weight because I started not eating the wrong foods. But this has created a vacuum in my diet. The 10 day meal plan had me eating almost nothing 6 times a day. I logged in today to see if there were any do’s instead of don’t do’s. Looks like it’s going to be a long hard road, of educating and changing eating habits. Changing everything from grocery shopping to meals to fix. Good luck all.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, marybohrer. As mentioned earlier, the menus you get are already geared toward type 2 diabetes. Are you looking for something specific? If so, please do repost here, and I would be happy to work with you.

marybohrer 9 years ago

I am type 2 and need help with my diet.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

I can assure both of you that this program was designed for people with pre-diabetes and diabetes. Hopefully it will support your needs, too. If you have any questions, please do post here. Best of luck πŸ™‚

CyndeeJones 10 years ago

She was in a wheelchair, couldn’t walk…now happy and energetic with no signs of diabetes…another story of a man on pills AND insulin and neither worked and he weighed 300 lbs….he also cured his diabetes with proper diet and exercise…let’s give it a shot! πŸ™‚

CyndeeJones 10 years ago

Hi, JMessing….same thing for me and I too hope to lower it naturally. I took some med. for a few days but made me feel awful! I woke up feeling great, energetic, took the med. and within 5-6 hrs. felt horrible…SO….I do honestly feel this diet will help, and would like to encourage you also. I’m scared too, but VERY determined…so don’t you give up to med. yet…..read a story on here about a woman who saved her mom’s life with this kind of diet when meds would no longer help her diabetes…after time, her doc. told her she was no longer diabetic..

jmessing 10 years ago

This is my first attempt to join a forum. I do not know if I did the topic section correctly. I hope I can meet some good people here to help me cope with the diagnosis as I am a bit scared by this.

jmessing 10 years ago

How to eat healthy with Type 2 diabetes. I was just told I have type 2 diabetes. I am hoping to lower my blood sugar with diet and exercise so I do not have to take medication. I would like to connect with others who signed up with TrimDownClub for the same reasons and hear how you have utilized this resource to improve your health.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.