Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
llchevy56 8 years ago

Hi everyone, I’m a Type 1 diabetic. I was on Ideal Protein for 1 1/2 years and lost 37 pounds very easily and my blood sugars were great. Then for some reason, the sugars went wacko and I started to gain the weight back. I phased off and all of the weight came back even though I was still following the plan. When I saw the TDC, it sounded like a more realistic life style and thought I’d give it a try. So, week one is finishing and I’m down 3 pounds from where I started. The blood sugars have come down and are more balanced then they have been in a long time. Hoping to find others to share this 8 week adventure I’m on!

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, cherylbspears. The intention is for you to eat all the items in your menu. Note that this program and menu plan was designed for people just like you 🙂 Welcome.

cherylbspears 8 years ago

I have found out I have pre diabetes, I wanted to know do I just pick 1 thing to eat from the menu in each section.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Alice. Yes – just be sure to use real maple syrup (not a blend with sugar) and to count it in your plan if you use more than a tablespoon (15 ml) over the course of the day.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, rjs.1. This entire program is based on principles of diabetic nutrition. The best thing you can do is to select the foods in the lighter blue shades in the Menu Planner, in order to build the healthiest menu.

jonesd2711 8 years ago

I just joined the trimdownclib yesterday. I have blossomed up to 280 lbs and my blood sugar is out of control. Nothing else is helping me. I take 4 Metforim caps daily mad 40 units of NOVOLOG 70-30 (3 to 4 times daily). I am sure it has a lot to do with my eating habits. I have spent the past 2 days trying to enter my favorite foods but most of them show up in words & language that I do not understand. For instance, I love Beenie Weenie’s. What will that show up as in your daily menses?

rjs.1 8 years ago

Hi, just found out I’m prediabetic not on medication but need to change my eating. What type of menu should I be looking for.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, carlmzbaby29. Welcome and congratulations on your successes! We wish you continued health, and are happy to help in whatever way we can.

carlsmzbaby29 8 years ago

I am fairly new to the program-this is my 4th week. Although I have only lost 4lbs so far, that is not my main goal, though I do welcome the weight loss. My main focus was bringing my blood sugar back into normal limits. I have done that thanks to this diet. I am staying fuller and more satisfied than before and my blood sugar levels are spot on. My only hangup with the diet is all the cooking and shopping. But I am adapting to that and trying to make a go of it. Been on too many diets to count. I am 63 have been overweight my whole life. This diet is healthy for me and it may not seem sometimes like it is a lot of food at one meal, but I stay fuller this way. I don’t understand why some others blood sugar has risen. Mine is doing great. I am glad I found this plan.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Cheryl and Racquet. Note that this program is fundamentally designed for type 2 diabetics. If you find yourselves struggling with persistently high blood sugar levels, please do repost.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, jeffandbarb. The changes you have made thus far look excellent! I suggest she try substituting some of the starchy carbs (breads, pastas, etc.) with legumes. If that does not help, please do repost, and we can continue to work on this.

cherylmathis 8 years ago

not really a reply. more a chime-in as I need help with the same issue. I am pre-diabetic. 50. 5’6″ and 160. white female.
my menu included a lot of what I like (and things not best for diabetics i.e. peaches), but it will bust my budget – how do I factor budget & the diabetic issue into generating my menu?

Racquet51 8 years ago

TDC newbie, just today. 64 next month and about 50 pounds overweight and very weak. Type II diabetes and every other related symptom you can name. Impressed by TDC and need to make it work for me.

jeffandbarb 8 years ago

Hi Ossie-Sharon, Account is for me Jeff but Barb is following also. She is diabetic and her sugar has still been high following diet. She is 5’10”. She can only walk as she is waiting for hip replacement. Our diet has changed totally following Trimndown. Now eating less meat, more fish, nuts more often but less quantity lots more fruit and veg. We now cook better following menu and recipes. Previously we had white flour, rice bread etc. Barbara and I have lost around 8 kg each starting week 7 this week.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, jeffandbarb. Thanks for letting us know, and I am happy to help. I have a few questions:
– Is this account for “Jeff” or “Barb,” and what is your height?
– What is your physical activity like? Has it changed recently?
– Is your menu plan here very different from how you ate before? If so, how?
Based on your responses, I can make some suggestions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.