Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
hideaway 11 years ago

Health is the best reason to lose weight in my opinion. I am in my late 50’s, have a first grandson and want to be around for a long time to come. I also take care of a special needs son! I want to enjoy life to the fullest so I am going to stay positive and enjoy this journey. I start tomorrow, I hope everyone can stay on track and I will pray for all. Please pray for me too.!

Rob 11 years ago

Diane,
How is it going??
Can you give us an update?
Thanks
Rob

bjcarp 11 years ago

Just signed up today. I have been gaining weight since a knee replacement, and the following year 2 months in the hospital with colon issues. I lost strength and have had arthritis for over 30 years. Widowed and no incentive to exercise ~ now diabetic.

DianePearson 11 years ago

The main reason I am loseing weight is that I have cronic headaches and I want to see if I go off wheat and (glutens) maybe I can take less meds or lose the headaches… I have about 60lbs to lose…I have mostly health issues that would be I’m sure a lot better if I lost even 30lbs… I had heart surgery replaceing a valve last year…losing the weight sure would help there to. wish me luck and pray for me that this time I lose… thankyou for all the advice. It helps motivate me and helps me stay a little more on track…not perfect but better than I was doing… Diane

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Perimenopausally, exercise is the most important component of weight loss/management, especially in the belly area. A reduction in insulin sensitivity also means cutting back on simple sugars because extra important, even in non-diabetics. Since we’re already cutting back on fats, eating more protein is the solution to staying well fed. Luckily, a high-protein diet has been shown to be particularly effective in women wishing to lose belly weight. Such a diet is 15-20% of total calories from protein, and since portion control and balanced nutrition are still part of the overall diet equation, chances are low that you will get too much protein this way.

Claratia 11 years ago

I have been gaining weight steadily since I have been having pre menopausal symptoms specially belly weight gain and not only is unconfortable but it makes me feel unsure of myself even at fifty I want to feel and look good.

Jessica 11 years ago

I gained a lot of weight during my last pregnancy and it was harder this time around getting it off. I want to get back down to the size I was before.

Brad 11 years ago

I wanted to get in shape. I had been working so much lately and realized I was starting to let my weight go. I looked at my stomach one day in the mirror and decided to get back on track the right way.

Steven 11 years ago

I could not breathe and it scared me, there are things I still want to do with my life. I knew I needed to make a change.

April 11 years ago

I am fearful of what will happen if I don’t lose weight. My blood pressure is high, cholesterol is high and I’m on fluid pills. If I were to ever fall, I’m not sure I could get back up. My husband isn’t happy with my weight. My life is a mess right now and it’s mainly because of my weight.

Stevie 11 years ago

I gained a lot of weight two years ago when I finally stopped smoking. For several months now I’ve been watching what I eat. My goal is simple, I want to trim down to the weight I had before I stopped smoking – but this time, I will keep my lungs healthy as well. 😀

Elena 11 years ago

Main reason of the moment: summer is coming, and that means heat, light clothes… Ouch! Every bit of excess weight feels like a ton this time of year. Second reason is related to fitness: I feel more comfortable in my own skin when I’m fit, and to be in good shape I also need to have my weight under control.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Why do you want to lose weight? Health? Looks? Something else?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.