Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
cmpgansz 11 years ago

Hi everyone, If I don’t lose weight my doctor said he will have to put me on meds for diabeties. Also for insurance reasons I’m part of a wellness challenge. I’m looking to lose 90 lbs.

Carolinejk 11 years ago

I tumbled across the trim club when doing some Internet research about ‘stress busting foods’ and was captured by the 5 foods not to eat presentation. I live in the UK and am very interested to see if the plan can help me to manage bi polar 2 disorder as there is a link between nutrition and mood. I would like to lose 50lbs and develop a regular exercise habit. I look forward to keeping up to date with the forums. Good luck to you all in your journey.

Lindaec65 11 years ago

Hi Carmel,
I am a real person, 65 years old having really a hard time losing weight before and I started December 26th and have so far lost an amazing 11 pounds. I never lose this fast. I am so enthused!! Hang in there and try it.

hikerdee 11 years ago

My reasons to lose weight I am uncomfortable and I don’t want to be.
My weight started creeping up 15 pounds a year; and. previously successful strategies to lose it no longer work.
I started this plan two days ago at 205 pounds and 61 years old.
I felt much healthier at 142 pounds, and I was not out of breath when I ran. My last 5K race was in 2009, and I won for my age/sec division.

debbierands 11 years ago

For better health, more energy, more focus and just to feel not so bloated!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Carmel. There are many reports of successes, scattered throughout the various topics on the various forums. We are working to concentrate the specific topics and questions/answers to they will be easier to search and access, as well as a way for members to better connect with one another on a regular basis. Thanks for the input 🙂

carmel 11 years ago

I am starting to wonder if no one goes on this forum… we dont have any list of members and replies seem to be by same person mostly, and not very old and many repeated information..so can anyone prove me different..is it made up people? no one seems to have any losses to report, we dont need to know what people actually weigh, but would be nice to have a secion where people put on their progress? also why as you are advertizing in england your diet has not been tailored for us too, maybe you need someone over here to do an english alternative version. i would love some replies to my questions please.

carmel 11 years ago

we all have reasons to loose weight, and different reasons over the years-some that motivate us to be successful and others that dont for whatever reason. I personally hate to fail- so either never start or if think things are not working stop.my reason for loosing weight is I have now booked my holiday of a lifetime to Canada, travelling around the east then around the west , all on a coach and want to be able to do my seat belt up on the plane, and move around the coach effortlessly without everyone looking and whispering or tutting.i also want to be healtier and be able to enjoy the holiday to the full- lots of walking involved. I will be 50 when I am over there and it is also our 25th anniversary so two more reasons to look nice for the pictures.i would love to have friends on here to motivate us along with the trials and tribulations we all face, for me well meaning friends and family that I sometimes think sabotage us deliberately.(afterall it stops them from being the fattest if you remain so!)does anyone else feel that support form others would really help(and I dont meen nagging) yo

angela1 11 years ago

HI OSSIE, I LIVE IN THE UK AND STARTED THE TRIMDOWN CLUB DIET I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF I CAN EAT RYVITA CRISPBREADS AS WE CANT GET ANY OF THE BREADS YOU HAVE IN THE USA.AT THE MOMENT I AM 236lbs AND I WOULD LIKE GET DOWN QUITE A LOT.

FROM ANGELA1

mumpat 11 years ago

Hi, i am in the UK, signed up today, 31 december 2012, have at least 5 stone to lose as it is getting harder to walk with all this extra weight, ( i am over 65) tried WW SW Dukan etc, I have never started a diet on new years day before, but i am going to start tomorrow 1.1.2013, just been shopping for the first 3 days meals, our waitrose is soooo expensive for some of the things, i will have to make a trip to town to tesco i think. Happy New Year to you all.

TrimMe 11 years ago

I’m retired now and want to feel better so losing weight will help. I need to lose about 80 lbs. I first started gaining way too much weight after I broker my right tibia, compound fracture. I was in a wheel chair for 4 months then a couple years later I had Gall Bladder surgery. It seems whenever you are laid up, people bring you lots of food. I’ve never lost the weight and continued to gain. Formed lots of bad lazy habits. I need to change all that and get back on the right track. Hopefully this program will help me accomplish that.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Alphonso. Congratulations on your surgery. A post transplant diet is quite similar to what the Trim Down Club program offers – small frequent meals instead of heavy loads, low fat, low simple sugars, high fiber. We wish you well!

st.louis1949 11 years ago

I am a kidney transplant man of 63 years. My oldest daughter gave me a kidney in July 2012. The anti-rejection meds that I am taking makes me gain weight. It’s a very hard thing to do, but I must do it. My name is Alphonso.

DeniseBollenbacher 11 years ago

Everyone has so many good reasons to loose weight. Some I truly understand personally. I really started gaining weight after a neck injury, was on pain medications and muscle relaxers that damaged my liver prior to having surgery. Also was a smoker for a while, quit 8 years ago. Alot of stressors in my life, now I’m all alone. Total hysterectomy in 2000 finally caught up with me hormonally. In past year diagnosed with hypertention, diabetes, Hypothyroidism, vitamin D deficiency and high risk for congested heart disease. I take a hand full of medicines every day and get monthly injections for hormone replacement and B12. I’m 54 and feel like I’m dieing early. I’ve got to loose a minimum of 60 lbs and 70 wouldn’t hurt. I guess the sad thing is I’m a nurse and should know better and take better care of myself. Healthcare providers rarely take care of themselves. They take care of others instead. I want to loose weight because I want to live. I want to feel good and healthy again. I want to feel pretty again. Most of the reasons are the same reasons everyone else states and more. Mainly I am not ready to die from obesity.

mikim 11 years ago

retired and trying to build an old fashioned homestead. All the work outside is physically demanding and more so being overweight. I got to the point that it was even hard for me to pull my boots on in the morning. Carrying around an extra 50 lbs while trying to work just hindered everything. Then there’s the health issue…obese means early death. Higher health problems in every area from feet to brain and everything in between. I’ve lost a lot but still have at least 20 to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.