Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
wendyok1 11 years ago

Thank you for your advise! Ossie

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Nichola. Hopefully you are under supervision by a health care professional familiar with your case, and he/she knows you have embarked on a diet and exercise plan.
Exercise is actually one of the ways in which you can strengthen your body and reduce pain. Recommended types that may suit you include water aerobics or swimming, daily walks, stretching, light weight training, aerobic exercise machines (such as a bik, treadmill), yoga, tai chi, Pilates, or even golf.

Nichola 11 years ago

Hi i suffer from Fibromyalgia syndrome ME and have metal in my spine.
I am on medication.
I used to go to gym and found after a while i got worse.
Can you give me some pointers on what exercise i can do please.

Hi, Wendy. Hopefully you are under the supervision of a qualified health care professional. Water aerobics are considered ideal for people with physical limitations. You can also try a pilates class – for many people, pilates is the answer for exercise with a bad back.
As for the foods, do be sure to get good amounts of omega-3s and antioxidants from fresh fruits and vegetables.

wendyok1 11 years ago

i have lupus and a bad back. i cannot have any green tea or and type of goat products. i do exercise as much as i can. what do i need to do overcome the limits.

HealthyKaren 11 years ago

Thank you very much, Ossi. Appreciate your prompt response!

Hi, HealthyKaren. Yes, the Pilates Reformer is recommended for diabetics (both types), and is any type of pilates.

HealthyKaren 11 years ago

Any excercise advice for a Type 1 Diabetics who has had laser treatment to the eyes for retinopathy and has neuropathy in the feet? Otherwise, eats very well balance meals and performs light exercise about 30 minutes a day. Diabetic is about 10 lbs. overweight. Is reformer pilates generally approved for this situation?

spiggott 11 years ago

I get alot of hip/knee/toe joint pain because of the beginnings of osteoarthritis and my doctor has advised me to do low impact exercise such as swimming, cycling, pilates. I can guess that the same would apply to someone who has joint replacement. Hope that helps.

Hi, BMEC. The advice to not walk was meant specifically for someone with hip and knee problems. In general, walking is an excellent form of exercise.

BMEC 11 years ago

Why is walking not a good idea??????

porkyrees 11 years ago

Walking is not a good idea with your problem especially for fitness type programs

porkyrees 11 years ago

fahdutnik do you have in America a pensioner concession where your Doctor can reccomend you for Water aerobics

porkyrees 11 years ago

I am a volunteer myself and you have to say NO sometimes with your hip problem you are only making things worse

fahdutnik 11 years ago

Would that I had time. Across town, requires Dr prescription, would stop me from doing (for me) volunteering work at hospital. I do that 3-5 times a week., going to get serious about my weight & hope to start walkikng. Thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.