Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, slimmenow22, and welcome. Those foods are found in health-oriented stores, and increasingly in supermarkets and warehouse-type shopping outlets. If you are in the United States, some large chains include Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s, Costco, WalMart, and even Target carries some. They are also widely available online, even through Amazon.
These foods were hand-picked for their positive effect on metabolism in a way that supports healthy weight loss and maintenance, in addition to general health. It is worth trying some and experimenting with cooking styles to find a way you might like them.
Most of the items you mentioned above are grain-type products (other than edamame), most often used as alternatives to rice (amaranth is also often used as a porridge type hot cereal). Edamame is also known as green soybeans – they come like peas in a pod, but the contents are like a cross between a pea and a lima bean, but much, much tastier. They are a very popular appetizer in Japanese restaurants around the world – they come steamed with any type of seasoning sprinkled over them.

slimmenow22 10 years ago

i am eating mostly vegetables and fruit right now. I’ve looked at some of the menu choices and don’t recognize at lest one of the ingredients or more. There are also foods such as amaranth,edamame,kamut,millet,and quinoa that i’ve never heard of. Does any body eat this or know where to buy these foods.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, MitiziSS. The intention is for you to eat everything there, either as is or prepared according to healthy techniques as recommended in the program overview https://www.trimdownclub.com/product/trimdownclub-program/ Chapter 3.

MitziSS 10 years ago

Are we to eat everything that shows up on our menu plan? (ie. all of the snack category or just an item from it?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.