Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Support 9 years ago

@tonsoffun and @jackieboy57
Subscribing means that you will get email notifications from the forum conversation.

Also, I suggest using our Menu Planner or Ready-To-Go Menu, both take your special dietary needs (Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Low Sugar, Low Cholesterol) into consideration to give you a menu that fits you!

To access them, follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://www.trimdownclub.com
2. On the top right corner of the homepage click Login
3. Enter your username and password (You can also use your email address as your username. If you lost or forgot your password,
click Login and then choose “lost password.” Follow the steps on the screen to reset your password)
4. Once you are logged in, go to “Apps,” and click on “Menu Planner”
5. To create a personal menu plan where you have the ability to choose your own foods, simply click on “START MENU PLANNER” (orange button to the right of the page). If you prefer to receive a pre-planned menu, simply click on “READY-TO-GO MENU”.

tonsoffun 9 years ago

What does this mean subscribe to topic

tonsoffun 9 years ago

Loupes I also just joined today and haven’t been able to understand what the program will offer and how it works. I joined at the cost of 180.00 dollars. Let me know what you discovered.

From tonsoffun

jackieboy57 9 years ago

iam just starting in fact i have been trying to make a menu but i cant relate to most of the items mentioned in the list brick cheese buffalo milk, im about to get frustrated

Deborahjjhayes 9 years ago

I am sharing with you some of the success stories of my encouragement group. I love this plan so much I volunteer to be the administrator of the group I started Successful Beginnings and support.

Here are the success stories of Anna, Katie, Ruth Ann, Jan, Boni, and me, Debbie I hope this relieves of the hate stories written by people who do not want to do the work it takes for this to be successful!!God bless

Jan
Hello, all. Am approaching my second anniversary and have lost 29 lbs and have kept it off! A challenge, with a low-functioning thyroid and metabolism problems, but the TDC has taught me how and what to eat for me! I am more active than I’ve ever been and am enjoying being healthy and feeling more comfortable with my own body. I continue policing what goes into my mouth, maintaining a good exercise routine, drinking lots of water and staying away from those things that are not healthy for me! No need to try anything else! TDC’s plan is foolproof! If you have difficulties (after you truly work with the plan), address them with Ossie. She is the best at being our personal dietician! She will help you get over those slumps and bumps! I also found that the group Successful Beginnings was great because it gave the support and relationships that I needed to keep on for the long haul.

AnnaH 1 month ago
Today is the one year anniversary of when I started the Trim Down Club way of eating. In that time I’ve lost 90lbs but even more importantly my life has changed dramatically. I have a life that I want to live, I feel healthy and happy and my attitude towards myself has changed. I like and respect myself instead of feeling a failure as I used to.

Although at times because of health issues it has not been easy. I have a lot of allergies and working out a menu that would fit in with the foods I can eat was not as straight forward as it could have been but with the menu planner, I did come up with a perfect diet for me. When I did have problems with making changes as I lost weight, Ossie was on hand to help. Thank you Ossie for that 😛

I joined because I was increasingly worried about my mobility which was getting less and less. Some of that was caused by the gradual weight gain over the years, some by the pain that weight gain caused in my joints but the end result was that fear of doing anything to increase the pain was making me less and less active.

When I joined the plan was to lose weight so that I could become more mobile and start to do the things I enjoyed doing again. Things like gardening and country walks. I soon realised that years of relative inactivity had weakened my muscles to almost non-existence and that if I wanted to be able to do the things I wanted I needed to exercise so that I had the strength for the gardening and walks. A year on I am still working on building muscle strength but from having a horror of exercise for it’s own sake I find I enjoy it and feel great afterwards.

I am 71% of the way to my target weight, my BMI has dropped by 17 points, I am nearly at the point where I will be able to take the obese label off my

bonitag

One year today! I can’t say exactly how much weight, I was using bogus scales for two months! Let’s just say 30-35 lbs! For 25 years I had gone up in weight 5 to 10 lbs! Nothing I did would change the scales! I was browsing the net looking at another plan, when the video for TDC came up. I listened to this thinking the whole time any minute it will come in and tell me to pay and they will give me the rest of this info. It did not, I listened and thought this may be my answer. It was, I paid a minimal price to me, and still thought this won’t work! I did not even measure, with my thinking, this is just another one of those gimmicks to get your money!! One year later, I’ve gone from wearing a size 16 to wearing a size 7! I’m wearing medium scrubs at work that have room.All my blood counts are perfectly normal! No high cholesterol, the lowest in 30 years! My fingernails have been growing, never could have nails before! I was having difficulty breathing when walking up stairs, I now run up stairs! I hurt after drive home and getting out of the car to get my mail, not anymore!!! I’m not where I want to be, but I’m not where I was a year ago!!

citykitty

Hi friends! I joined TDC on February 11th of last year (I knew I was making an important lifestyle change so I wrote the date down). I’ve lost 24 pounds. Currently, I’ve hit another plateau–so many in fact–that I now keep the “Breaking Plateau” tips right by my computer (not to worry, I always break through). The friendships I’ve formed here, the excellent support from Ossie, and the common sense approach to eating, all have helped me to lose the weight and slowly regain my health. Today I am physically more active, less prone to depression, better able to deal with my neuro issues and, overall, quite content with my life. Successful Beginnings is a great place to begin, but it’s also a good, safe place to stay. 🙂

bonitag

Such a great attitude! Sometimes the lbs don’t want to let go! But we know if we keep doing what we do, they will let come off! It’s not always about the weight, when I read your post! It helps all of us in more ways that we realize!!! G0OD JOB!!! 🙂

AnnaH

I had a slow weight loss month for October, I lost a lb overall. I lost 2lbs at the beginning of the month, gained a lb back the 2nd Monday of Oct., and then stuck for the rest of the month. When I lost the 2lbs I was at 164lbs, that weight loss triggered a drop in the amount I could eat on my menu. I intended to only drop by half the amount as I’d noticed previously that I seemed to get stuck whenever my menu changed but I couldn’t do it. This way of eating has soaked into my mind so much in the last 13 and a half months that in spite of occasionally having cravings for sweet stuff (the stuff I have food allergies too) when I’m stressed I can’t go back to my old ways of binging and emotional eating and I found I couldn’t only cut the drop in menu amounts by half.
Anyway last Monday when I was still stuck at the gain and 165lbs I finally got around to putting the gain in my progress meter, I’d forgotten, which increased the amounts I could eat back up again. In spite of eating more and a lazy week as far as exercise went because of pressure of work and the fact that my knees were giving me gyp all week I’m down to 163lbs this morning 😀 I’m not going to generate a new menu until I stick again, even though I know in my head that the amounts on a new menu will have gone down again I don’t want to see it in black and white for now until I hit another plateau. One of the most important things I’ve learnt since I joined TDC is to listen to my body and see the patterns in my weight loss. We are all individuals and although the menus are based on our genders, age, height and weight they are still based generally on those things. I am not suggesting for a minute that you all go rogue and ignore your menus when and if they change, just learn to listen to what your body tells you too. Maybe you do better when you don’t have a certain food in a week, maybe you’ve felt under the weather the week you stuck, become aware if you haven’t already. It will be interesting to see when I stick again (could be next Monday and I’ll have to eat these words haha) but this morning’s weigh in was a big boost to me because I finally got to my 7th mini goal since I started. I’ve now lost 7 stone (98lbs)Yaaay! I’ve been working on this last mini goal since the beginning of June and it’s been slow going but I feel great to have got there. Now to start working on the 8th mini goal, which is to lose another stone (14lbs).

Profile picture of bonitag bonitag said 1 week, 2 days ago:

I’m so proud of you!! Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!! You set a great example for all of us!!!

Edit | Delete #

Profile picture of Only17(Katie) only17 said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Well a year later! I have lost 18-16 pounds. I prefer to hear the 18. I am holding right around the 132-133 lb mark right now. Life in the last 5 months has been anything but normal for us. Luckily there was enough time on this plan to let it sink into my head. I know what to eat and how often as well as what to eat. I do occationally go out of the circle, but I pay the price for it too. I have a few digestive issues and when I stray I am bloated, uncomfortable, and this time the hyatis hernia pain is joining in the party too. This takes time to get over, but when it subsides, I will be back on track in full swing. I have actually put on another pound through this bout. What I have learned is that when I follow the plan I feel fantastic. Life isn’t perfect, it’s a challenge, and I like a good challenge! So I will recommend this TDC plan to anyone who just wants to feel better on day to day living. The weight loss is just the best side affect I know of. Better than any pill! 😉 My challenge is in the next 5 months living and traveling in our RV. Kitchens just aren’t the same as in a home! My final goal is to get below the 130 lb. mark, so let’s say another 5 lbs. 😀

Edit | Delete #

Profile picture of deborahjjhayes deborahjjhayes said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Is your hernia giving you reflux? Thanks for sharing!! 😛 Been missing you Sunshine!!

Edit | Delete #

Profile picture of deborahjjhayes deborahjjhayes said 1 week, 1 day ago:

My story starts in May of 2013. I fell ,having wet feet from the swimming pool , and did the splits on the tile floor. When I fell my hip bone popped out of joint and popped back in and fractured my pelvis. I was put on crutches for seven months starting in September. in October My crutches got tangled in the sheets making the bed and as I was going down I tried to protect the hip by twisting and twisted my knee so badly I couldn’t walk. The surgeon said I tore all the ligament and the miniscus in my knee and I would need a knee replacement. I also hurt two disks in my back when I fell. In February I had also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. So, I had the knee replacement and rehab… In January , I went for my hip checkup and it had not healed properly so I had to have a hip replacement. and rehab…. All this time I was trying to follow the TDC plan… That’s when I came up with the 20 freezer ideas for busy people and surgeries. I had to have a back procedure done but it did nothing to alleviate that pain.I lost about 25 pounds before the 1st surgery. Hoever not get to follow the plan exactly and not being able to exercise… I gained back most of it. In June I went for my physical and the doctor for an incisional hernia that had to be repaired. they did it laparoscopically but when they got in I had four instead of one. I had 9 incisions on my abdomen… It was the most painful thing I have ever gone through in my life. I completely destroyed my core muscles. I couldn’t stand up or sit down or lay down without excrutiating pain. It is November, 5 months later and it still hurts but I am beginning to get back to normal. I have gained and loat and gained and lost so many times this year that it is hard to keep up with. However , at this moment.. I weigh 234 down from266 . That is 32 pounds this year…still having so many physical situations to work around. I know I would be much , much heavier if it had not been for the plan. TDC and this group kept me focused and encouraged through it all. This is truly a life changing lifestyle… It gets in your brain and in you heart where you want to be healthy. You learn so much… about the food and chemicals we have been putting in our bodies for years. Well, not me !! Not anymore!!! I’m on my way upward to a healthy life and on my way down ward on the scales!!! Good luck and God Bless.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Lojos, and welcome. There is definitely a perception that eating healthier is more expensive than eating processed and refined foods. However, this program offers additional features that make it possible to succeed even if you keep using most what you usually buy – though we do encourage you to upgrade a little, i.e. from white to whole grain products, etc., and introduce more fruits and vegetables, if your current intake is low. However, the goal is for you to find something that is comfortable and therefore liveable long-term, so just ease into it. You will already be benefiting from the meal structure (including food combinations) and timing, as well as food portion control.
If you want to learn more about some of the unfamiliar foods, we have a number of articles (the link to our “Articles” library above is searchable) that can help, and you can find Australia in this list of shops that sell whole foods (https://www.trimdownclub.com/shopping-links-for-healthy-foods). If you tell me where exactly you live, I can find more precise locations. We also encourage you to take advantage of farmer’s markets when you can and check out our articles about affordable healthy cuisine (e.g., https://www.trimdownclub.com/budget-friendly-ways-to-manage-your-weight/).
In addition, you can join our groups to discuss issues with others in your spot or who have come out the other side (“Groups” link is at the top right of every site page). The most popular is “Successful Beginnings,” but there are many others that may suit you.

Lojos 9 years ago

hello I am new here.can someone please tell me that this isn’t a scam.The products mentioned here are hard to find and expensive.Also the videos use scare tactics to elicit more money from you on buying their products

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.