Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, LotusSport. Many of the foods are called the same thing in the UK, but are just generally unfamiliar. This is part of their advantage – they are less mass-produced and so are less mass produced and better for your metabolism.
Please see this link to look up some of the foods http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk, and this link for a general UK shopping guide https://www.trimdownclub.com/where-to-buy-uk/.
If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer you here.

lotusport 10 years ago

know how you feel, it is very american and we need a UK equivalent don’t we…? Is there anyone out there that can help us please?

Regarding the eggs, be sure to check the “omega-3” eggs – these are a good option for him if he likes eggs every day, and the most likely to appear on your menu.

Hi, lakerken. If you post your husband’s age, height, and weight, as well as a sample day of the menu he received from the Menu Planner, I would be happy to run some calculations.
Regarding exercise, there are many people who use this program with similar challenges, and there are definitely ways to get exercise. After your husband’s use of MediFast, the exercise will be like medicine in getting his metabolism back up.
In addition to the information I can provide you here, see some of the discussion in the “Fitness” form on this site.

lakerken 10 years ago

I have just joined and am trying to help my husband lose weight. He lost about 50 lb a few years ago on Medifast but now has gained all back plus more. He is not a good exerciser due to back and knee problems but he is gaining still. In hindsight I know he lost too much muscle mass on Medifast. Trying to get him to go to the gym. Fearful the extra food will just cause more weight gain. What advice can you give us? He has been off all Medifast products for several months now. Also, on the menu planner are eggs ok at the breakfast meal? I checked them but never coming up on the menu. I am still getting familiar with how it works.

Hi, d1027j, and welcome. You can build menus based on familiar foods – these are included in the Menu Planner lists. Even if you select an unfamiliar version of a food that you like, you can always make the change at the grocery store. I would encourage you to choose the freshest and least processed types of foods, because this is one of the main advantages of the Trim Down Club philosophy.
Many of the foods that are unfamiliar are less manipulated and processed (since they are not as mass-produced), and lend a significant advantage in attaining good health and a healthy weight. Even if you do not choose them, you will still benefit from the portion size and timing features of the Menu Planner.
However, it could be great to try a few new items once in a while, and perhaps even find home recipes that work for you and your wife.
If you have any questions about specific foods, you can repost here, and I would be happy to help.

d1027j 10 years ago

I am 61 years old and have recently retired. I now do the cooking for my wife and I. I signed up for this to help with my heart and my wife weight. I do not know what 3/4 of these foods are. I am a simple man trying to stay healthy, Can anyone direct me to an easier way than this?
Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.