Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, sabeaton. It depends on the size of the snack. Half an ounce is 2 tablespoons, and one ounce is 1/4 cup.

dollgirl48 9 years ago

I’m new to the program and wonder what is the best way to get started. I’ve had some misinformaion and need to know what to do? Please help. Thanks. Sharon C.

Lucie61 9 years ago

I am new to the plan. I noticed in the menus there are a lot of foods that we don’t have in the stores in the remote area I live in! Is there anyway to figure out subs that we might have in our area?

sabeaton 9 years ago

I, too, am new to the program. I weighed out 1oz of almonds (approx. 28grams) and was amazed how many there were. Can you give me an estimate of how many almonds should be in your snack size portion?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Judy. Since you are so close to your target weight, it may be particularly challenging for you. At first glance, I see that your usual intake is not enough for basic sustenance, and so is probably causing your metabolism to slow down, producing another barrier to weight loss. To jump start your metabolism, I suggest eating sufficient amounts of food, and introducing or modifying physical activity into your daily regimen. A combination of cardio and strength training is considered optimal. If you would like some guidance here, please do repost, and I will get back to you.
I suggest you build your own menu through the Menu Planner (link in “Apps” above, there is a video tutorial there if you need it) so you can select foods that you recognize, if that is important to you. With regard to foods you don’t know, we have explanations for many in our Articles section. Many are those considered “superfoods” in their capacity to support healthy weight management.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Mischa. You can reach tech support through the “Contact Us” link below. If you have nutrition questions, you can post them here.

mischa 9 years ago

I am new to plan. Not sure how to use this. Are there other ways to communicate with the staff.

JudyRhein 9 years ago

For health reasons my dr. wants me at a certain weight I need to drop 10 lbs tried everything I workout everyday
I eat very little yet gain weight
I do drink wine ?
normal day is
1 egg white
2 bacon

lunch
salad
1/2 avacado

snack
100 cal yoplait greek with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed

dinner
3 ounce chicken
veg

On the 60 day challenge I don’t even know what some foods are?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Judy, and welcome. Have you been on restrictive diets in the past? If so, this can look like a lot of food for a weight loss plan, and it may take your body a little while to get used to normal amounts of food. However, this can be the most sustainable path. Note that the portions are not large, and because they are whole foods, they are not very dense. If you find yourself struggling to finish meals, don’t push yourself too hard – it is good that you get in tune with your hunger and satiety signals. Just be sure you get in at least 5 total servings each day of fruits and vegetables, and at least 3 sources of calcium per day. We also encourage physical activity, which can help regulate appetite so that you meet all your nutritional needs.

JudyRhein 9 years ago

I just signed up and printed out the menus
I don’t eat as much food as what is on the menu
I am worried I will gain weight not loose weight?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.