Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, NatashaAnn. Don’t worry about foods you don’t know. Just ease into the program with foods you recognize, and eventually upgrade to whole, natural versions if you can. You can read about some of the newer foods in our articles, and if you wish, try some out (our recipe collection may be a good starting place).
With regard to balancing foods, we recommending getting at least three main food groups into a main meal, ideally combining a protein with a high-fiber carbohydrate and adding produce. So in your example of Weetabix and milk, fruit would be ideal to add. Other meal examples would be a cheese sandwich and a salad.

NatashaAnn 9 years ago

I am new to this. There are a lot of foods on here that I have never heard of or I just don’t eat. I have two children that would not eat what is on the menu. Is there a way that I could learn what foods balance out certain foods? An example is if I were to have a weetbix and 1/2 cup milk for breakfast, what should I have with that?

Support 9 years ago

Hi Donners,

Please note, there is no time limit with regards to how long you spend on each week. You can take your time, and go at your own pace. Once you complete a week it will automatically unlock the next week, but you can remain in the week you are on, and also return to previous weeks should you wish.

Best πŸ˜‰

Donners 9 years ago

Hi. I’ve just joined the programme but am wanting to postpone starting the plan until Monday when I’ve had an opportunity to navigate my way around the site, read relevant information and stock up on food for my first week. Is it possible to delay the start of week 1 or is the start of the plan activated as soon as someone signs up?

NatashaAnn 9 years ago

I am new to this. There are a lot of foods on here that I have never heard of or I just don’t eat. I have two children that would not eat what is on the menu. Is there a way that I could learn what foods balance out certain foods? An example is if I were to have a weetbix and 1/2 cup milk for breakfast, what should I have with that?

Support 9 years ago

Hi 2jennjohn,

You can find your menu under Step 3 of your Week 1 Program or Home page.

Best πŸ˜‰

2jennjohn 9 years ago

How do I get to my menue from my home page? I am new and trying to access from work

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Sarah, and welcome! For liquids, yogurts, or pureed items, 1 cup is 8 fluid ounces or 240 ml/g. For solids, it varies quite a bit. You can see some conversions in our list of exchanges (https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists).

Sarah999 9 years ago

Hi – I too am new to this. Can someone tell me how much a cup is please? Just want to get the measurements right and looking at the 60 day challenge I see lots of items are measured in cups. Thanks

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, wandini. Absolutely! This is a list of exchanges you may find helpful: https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists. You may also like using the Menu Planner application to select the foods that will be incorporated in your menus.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Tamara, and welcome. I would be happy to analyze them for you. Just scan them and send them to support@trimdownclub.com with a note that they are intended for me. As for the rest, just take your time and ease into it. The most important thing is to get used to the types of foods we recommended, as well as the portions, combinations, and schedules. You can download the program guide in My Downloads above – this may give you a general idea. You can also enter the Menu Planner application (in “Apps” above) and start experimenting with selecting foods to have a menu generated based on your needs.

wandini 9 years ago

Can I substitute the foods

Tamaragrz 9 years ago

Hello;
I am new to the program. I am having a hard time navigating the site. Not sure how to get everything started. I printed off Diet Journal sheets, I will fill these 3 days in Monday and then can it be analyzed by a nutritionist?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, dollgirl48. I suggest you start with the 60-day (8-week) challenge – it guides you through the steps for getting into this program.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Lucie61, and welcome. I’m happy to help. Where do you live?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.