Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Mimsky, and welcome! We wish you much success here, and are happy to help however we can.

Mimsky 3 years ago

Hi, new too all this great to see everyone! Looking to improve my healthy and sharpen my mind

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Happygirl, and welcome! You can see the exchanges allotted to you by clicking on the “Exchange View” button above your menu. Exchanges translate to the following approximate nutritional values:
1 carbohydrate exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat
Regarding the weight you are expected to lose, that number can vary widely depending on your degree of overweight and whether you have been on extreme diets in the past (as well as your genetics, of course). An average is about 1-2 lbs a week, though it may take a couple of weeks to start reducing if you’ve dieted a lot in the past. Exercise can provide a major boost to your efforts – even if it isn’t super strenuous or time-consuming.

Happygirl518 4 years ago

Hi I am new tonight and my question is nowhere do Zi find the breakdown of fat, carbs, protein, calories from my daily menu intake. I cant see what I should expect to lose per week to reach my goal that is set. Is this info somewhere? I am on the low-sugar diet because I am diabetic. Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Anna83069. Everyone needs a different amount. You are allotted about 28 per day. You can see this by clicking on the “Macros” button above your menu, then scrolling to the bottom of the chart.

Anna83069 4 years ago

Hi! I am also new to Keto. I do not understand a lot of the meal preps. My question is How many carbs are you supposed to intake daily

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Violetrock. Many clubmembers have reported feeling very full on this plan. This is intentional, so that you don’t get hunger, and are not tempted to binge and sabotage your efforts here. If you are TOO full (i.e., uncomfortable), please let me know, and I will work with you.

Violetrock 4 years ago

i just want to know if anyone feels like they eat to much when on this diet .because i feel like i eat way to much at the end of the day . and i followed my diet to the t.is it because of it being my first week .please let me know i am concern .

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Shinece. What type of vegetarian are you?

Shinece 4 years ago

Hello! I am new here and just looked over my menu. The menu provided is keto suggested but not vegetarian friendly. I browsed other recipes and they also have meat, milk, sour cream, etc. I am planning to start my meal on Monday the 6th but am not sure what I need to purchase for the week.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Niclyn, and welcome. Be sure to select the option for the maximum variety in your profile, then generate a new menu. Take advantage of the swap function, if you haven’t already. Beyond that, you can make substitutions based on this list – https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists. If you don’t see what you want, please repost here, and I will help.

Niclyn 4 years ago

I’m goin to be starting Monday the 6th and started working out on the second. I have a concern with the foods given to me to make my meals everyday, I don’t like alot of them and I don’t like to eat the same foods over and over again. What kinds of foods could I substitute that isn’t in the exchange.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Mils1001. If you have dietary restrictions, it would be best if you use the fully personal version of the Menu Planner menu-building application, so that you can select the specific foods to go into your menu. You can access this area by clicking on the “My Food Choices” icon (an apple) in the toolbar above your current menu. There are many foods there from which you can choose, but you can take as much time as you need – and you only really need to do this once.

Mils1001 5 years ago

Hi I’m new to all of this and have learning difficulties…ie If I get hit by a wall of words then I can’t see the wood from the trees. Anyway, I have had a few difficulties with your system like making the correct choice in how much time I have to choose the correct plan…I also have medical issues and there are things on the plan I”m currently on that I can’t eat. I’m seeing the menu ideas and cannot refine it down to e.g NO Nuts ideas or Nut Free but I need to increase my B12 and Vit D….but the more I try the more frustrated I feel. I’m hoping that you can help
Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, rbarber19. You can do that by changing the information in the profile – gender, height, weight – but it would probably be better to use the same menu and adjust the portion sizes. If you post here her age, height, weight, and physical activity level, I can give you the proportion of your menu that she needs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.