Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
pasjj5 11 years ago

Being on the topic of Motivation, I’ve been noticing something about my weigh-ins which I do daily every morning about the same time, wearing the same clothes(pretty much.) I’ve noticed that I’ll have a day where I lose, then the next I go up, then the next I’ll go down again, either back to two days prior or it’ll be less. In any case, I am on a continuous losing streak but the days in between seem to go up for that brief time. Well it use to bother me but now I call those in-between days, my MUSCLE BUILDING days. Do you know what I mean? Any comments? KD

pasjj5 11 years ago

Nancy, Thanks for the info on the Knee pain about the honey/cinnamon. Please let us know, when your month is up, how well or not you did with that remedy. Or if you are seeing significant results before hand. I’ll let you know about my Instaflex results.

Norunyan 11 years ago

Hi I have knee and hip problems that make walking hard.I do not have snow,just a lot of rain .Also no get up and go.I think this program helps our motivation as there are people that have the same problems to talk to and get answers from.I really believe weight loss would help with the pain I have.A niece and nephew of ours are raising bees.They sent me a list of things honey and cinnamon can help with .I tablespoon of honey and I teaspoon of cinnamon. In the morning before food .i put it in my cup of green tea.It is supposed to help pain in legs and hips.at least it does taste good.I have been doing this a week.A month is supposed to show results.I count the honey as a piece of fruit as it has 15 carbs or so.We will see. Nancy

pasjj5 11 years ago

That is a very positive attitude mlowther. After writing my little post today and feeling much better as the day went on, I decided to take a walk on my road after all. I went to the end of the road and back. It was about a 15-20 min. walk (forgot to look at the clock and didn’t have my watch on) and it was about 1/4 mile round trip. My legs held out which was wonderful. We have snow packed on our driveway and road, but it was fairly easy to walk it. Good luck; let us hear your updates on the stairs or if you venture out in the cold, snowy mid-west. KD

mlowther 11 years ago

I too lack motivation and stick-to-it-iveness. I live in the midwest so it is wet, snowy and cold. I have a bad knee and back and I am seriously overweight. My doctor says, you don’t need a special diet just walk. Easy for her to say. She might be 110 lbs. soaking wet. Anyway, I am not likely to go walking in this weather, but I have been thinking about walking the stairs so I looked up the difference between walking, running and stairs. Everything I saw said stairs are better. One trainer said beginners should limit stairs to 10 min 3 times a week. I thought, “I can do that.” So I tried. 5 minutes was all I could handle, but I am out of the elements and it wasn’t horrible so I think I will try 5 min. a day and see where it goes. 😉

pasjj5 11 years ago

I’ve made a comment in the “5 minutes a day…” topic about a week ago to try a 5 min. to/from (total 10 min.) yet I haven’t done it yet. I think I’m sort of in the same boat. My legs “are” bothering me enough to deter me from doing the little walking, also because we’ve had a lot of snow and slush on our road and I don’t want to cause my legs to make wrong moves. But another reason is that I’ve got so many things to do that I often don’t think about it until it’s dark outside or too cold… You know how it goes (excuses.) I’m trying a new product for my joints called Instaflex (free trial from the net) and am on my third day taking the doses. I’ve noticed a very slight difference in mobility but can’t be sure if it is from the product or from my TDC program (which, in fact, is working for me as I have lost 6.6 lb. in 4 wks. and feel so much better overall, even in the joints. Anyway, time will tell. Don’t give up!!! KD

lorraine42 11 years ago

i have the same problams cant so what i do now is take that xtra steps down the hall down (on elevador) or parking a little furthur from the store have no motivation to go furthur either lorraine a friend in need <3

Kjean 11 years ago

I have none. I am trying to think of anything that would make me want to exercise! Days are so busy and stressful that I only want my couch and dogs. It’s cold and snowy and I can come up with ANY excuse as you can see. How to start?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.