Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, AutoQueen1962. First, see my response to Cleyboldt below regarding making more tailored food choices. Beyond that, weight loss can be affected by your past dieting history. If you have been on restrictive diets, your metabolism may have slowed, and part of correcting it is to eat more and let your system balance itself out. Another way is physical activity or to change the physical activity you are doing to work new muscles. Other factors should be taken into account, too, like medications, adequate sleep, etc.
Having said that, it is good to listen to your hunger signals. If you wish to cut back, just take into account a few recommendations:
– at least 5 total servings per day of fruits and vegetables
– try to include a protein source at each meal or snack
– if you start to get hungrier toward the end of the day, start to add back some food earlier in the day
– be careful not to cut back so much that this ends up being a restrictive diet
If you have any additional questions, please do repost here.

Hi, Cleyboldt. There are a couple of things you can do. One is to use the swap function (circular arrow icon) for each individual food next to the right of each ITEM or build your own menu by clicking on the circular arrow icon to the right of the DAY.

autoqueen1962 10 years ago

I agree about the weird food combinations. OMG, It is hard for me to eat it let alone my husband. AND, who eats that much food. I certainly don’t. I have a hard time eating it all and I guess with my metabolism and so much food, I am not losing any weight. Sad.

Cleyboldt 10 years ago

I just signed up for the program and am very confused about the meals suggested. If I ever tried to serve my husband such weird combinations he’d think I’ve really gone overboard. I’d like us to eat healthier but we are pretty traditional eaters. A graham cracker and tuna fish would not be a snack for us. For the meal planner to work, can I choose less itms in each category and just pick healthier things that I think go together better for a meal? My normal breakfast would be yogurt, blueberries and granola or poached egg, Canadian bacon and English muffin. So I guess my question is: how do you plan a healthy, normal menu?

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Hi, Kd! Have you been on the program a while? It is better to use the menu planner a while to become familiar with what you as an individual need for your weight loss. In the menu planner, you have blue arrows to the right of the individual foods. You can use that to swap out for other foods that have the same exchange value (or similar). Also, to the left of the meal/snack, there is another blue arrow. It is to swap out the entire meal/snack. But, you really need to be familiar w/ your own needs on the plan to do that. Sometimes, the amounts shown are not what you really need in that meal. You need to know what you need in each meal. Have you followed the regular part of the program for a while? Have you made use of the swap-outs for the individual foods? Check it out. I think it’s what you are looking for. 🙂 jan

kdrules 10 years ago

Hello, I would like to plan my own menu using some of the recipes in the data base how do I do that

Hi, ccanty. The lighter the blue, the healthier the item – so if you choose more of the lighter blue items, your score will come up.

ccanty 10 years ago

just now starting this program. how do i get my menu to be over 70% healthy? Also, some of the choices are highlighted in light blue, what’s the difference?

Donjoy5 10 years ago

Hello I have started using the 14 day planner but wondered about substituting various items like nuts & especially nut butter which I am not keen on. Thanks

danree8 10 years ago

hi…i’m new and found the 14 day menue a great help…i have added hummus with celery, apricots albeit canned and rinsed well, kamut, i already love brown rice…i can’t stand in a scale as i live in my wheelchair inable to walk or balance but clothes are a bit looser after two weeks and i’m never hungry…i find the menue planner a challenge but i’m motivated so i’ll use it,,,thanks…cathi

Hi, yummy4you, and welcome. When you have finished selecting the minimum (or more) required foods in each category for each meal, click on the “Finish” button at the botton of the Snacks page – your menu will be automatically generated (a week’s worth).
If the button is grayed out, it just means to be sure you checked enough items.

yummy4you 10 years ago

Im a new member trying to figure this menu planner out do I jus pic six grom each category and eat what I want be it morning noon or evening I thought it would be kinda like the quick start

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, all. Your comments about the Menu Planner have been forwarded to the tech development team. Upgrades are always in process, so stay tuned…

amartist 11 years ago

I have had similarly confusing lists and have abandoned the meal planner for the time being even though this is why I joined up. My main reason for joining was to get balanced meals. I also find it confusing on the recipies and meal planner that they measure veg in cups. Cups are liquid measurements. Who could eat a cup of spring onions anyway.

emmaushelene4 11 years ago

REALLY CONFUSED WITH MEAL PLANNER…..PLEASE HELP
Below is what the planner is telling me to eat at one lunch time
Food combo is really weird and also toooo much food.
1/8 tsp of Mustard
1 Fast Food Grilled Chicken Sandwich+Bun/Bap
1 ounce of Brick Cheese (Full Fat)
1 cup of Onion, green/spring (Scallion)
1/2 cup of Green Peas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.