Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
marsmudd 7 years ago

How many fats, carbs and protein should I eat per day

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Theresa. Regarding the avocado, the entire serving is 28 grams, but of that amount, 5 gram are fat. It is the same principle for the other foods.

theresamesser 7 years ago

1 exchange = 1 fat (5 g fat)
Food
it says 5g. = 1 fat, but avocado is 28 g. = 1 fat

I don’t understand

Exchange Size
Imperial (US)
Metric
Almond Milk, higher Fat (Pacific, Blue Diamond, Rice Dream)
1 cup
240 ml
Artichoke hearts or bottoms, marinated, in oil
1/2 cup
65 g
Avocado
1 oz
28.35 g
Cheese, Vegan
1 oz
28.35 g
Chocolate (high % cocoa)
1 oz
28.35 g
Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tbsp
15 g
Coconut
1 oz
28.35 g
Coconut Milk, Light
6 tbsp
85 ml
Coconut Milk, Regular
2 tbsp
30 ml
Flax Seeds
1/2 oz
14 g
Hemp Milk
1 cup
240 ml

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Theresa. You would reduce the carbs by substituting the noodles with those non-starchy vegetables, then eating 1-1/3 of the portion.

so I made the peanut chicken pad thai, but I doubled the leeks and seasoning but kept the pasta and chicken same. chicken only cause I didn’t realize I didn’t have enough at home to double it, anyway

can you tell me what the portions would be, my plan was to reduce the carbs, but not sure I really did

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Hillsd. That is fine. If you put any sweetener or whitener in, be sure to keep track of the amounts – if it is considerable, then it would be recommended to cut back on a starchy carb serving elsewhere in the day.

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Theresa. It just means that for every “carb” exchange (e.g., slice of bread or 1/2 cup of pasta) there are about 15 grams of carbohydrates and up to 3 grams of protein. To get used to it, I suggest you take one of your recipes and translate each ingredient to food exchanges according to the online lists, add them up, then divide the totals by serving size. A serving size is usually based on up to 2 carb exchanges per serving.

Hillsd55 7 years ago

I am new can I drink coffee along with water during the am?

yah that is said in the exchange list, but I don’t actually understand what it means

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

With regard to your question about the nutritional values for the exchanges, the following translation may help:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Theresa. We are working to update the exchanges in the recipes to better reflect food groups other than carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Originally we didn’t because we wanted Clubmembers to eat even more vegetables. Apologies for the confusion at the current time.
For recipe calculations, you can use our list of exchanges here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists.

and why in some recipes when it has vegetables in the ingredients, but it does not show up as a vegetable choice in the portion for nutritional points

many times I pick a recipe and in the exchange mode it says a certain amount of carb, protein etc, but when I go the actual recipe it says something entirely different.

Which one should I go by, which one is more likely to be correct.

I have been sending recipes that look good I find online. I do this because I can’t seem to figure out what the break down is with all the ingredients.

when I go to the food exchange link, all I can figure out is for example – 1 oz whole grain bread is 1 carb.

but when you get to the part about 1 carbohydrate exchange
15 g carbohydrates + 1.5-3 g protein per exchange, I am not sure what that means.

how can I figure out my recipes if find without having to send you it.

if it doesn’t bother you to break it down for me then it’s cool, but sometimes I want to find out faster then it takes for you to get back to me

its not that my weight plateaued, rather that the scale I was using although new, was analog and I had a hard time reading it and I guess not using it properly. My new one seems to work easier and also easier to read. It shows that I weigh almost what I thought I was starting at. Since I was continually losing weight on the other scale, I think it is more likely that I weighed more from the start then I thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.