Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, CandygramHogan. Yes, it does. Go into the Apps area (link above), and click on Menu Planner – the application will walk you through the process of generating a menu.

candygramhogan 9 years ago

New to system. Does the system give you a menu for the week. Does it do it for you or do you have to do it?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, NormaT. We definitely have regular food options. If you have just started, it may take a little while to find them (the lists are quite long), but they are there. I am more than happy to help – what items are you seeking?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, wrongroad. The switch feature is actually quite important, as the Menu Planner needs to suit so many, many different tastes, that sometimes a need to tweek can result (for example, many of our Clubmembers like pickles with fish). If it is the pickle that specifically interferes, I suggest to remove it as one of your menu selections, and then just have one (up to one per day, if you’re limited salt-wise) whenever you want. We definitely do NOT want you to eat anything you don’t like 🙂

NORMAT 9 years ago

I am also new and feel the same way, the food choices on these menu really does not cut it for me, I need some more regular food options, I am in my second week and ready to quit.

wrongroad 9 years ago

Hi, I just started, and looking at my menus, I can’t believe some of the foods they are mixing together. I mean, a pickle with my fish and pasta???? I know I can switch things up, but then what good is the daily menu? I can figure out what goes together myself. I wanted something I can follow! Is there a trick to this?

Campos01 9 years ago

Hi me too! Way confusing but printed out some options 🙂

Treesieannie52 9 years ago

I agree with be be 230 is discouraging isn’t what what would normaly eat , not all vegetarians like goats cheese and spinach! Yuk ! Think manage breakfast lunch not sure bout main meals
Feeling dissapointed

SandyGill 9 years ago

I was the same and built a menu using the menu planner; You can then change an entire meal by clicking the icon to the right or swap out foods by clicking the food item. I am now on my 3rd week and have done this for each week choosing foods I like as well as some of the recipes.

teachace1 9 years ago

I don’t like some of the food on the first week. How do I change it? I already filled out the list of my favorites, but……….what do I do?
This kinda sets me up to fail if I don’t like the foods.

Shaindel 9 years ago

I’m new also. Just trying to figure out the website.

esolaro 9 years ago

SandyGill, I’m not sure what instant porridge oats are (I know you’re in the UK; I’m American) but I think they’re fast-cooking oats, right? We encourage you to eat less-processed grains like steel-cut oats. This slows the spike in blood sugar and adds good fiber, so you feel fuller, longer. (They taste better, too!) As for golden syrup, I talked to our nutritionist and she says that while molasses is definitely better, a teaspoon here and there of golden syrup isn’t a problem.

SandyGill 9 years ago

Just planned my first week as menu suggestion was not to my taste. Seems a lot of food but eventually my menu came out at 81% (phew).

Have swopped my instant porridge oats with golden syrup for shreddies but it would be nice to know if the porridge oats with syrup are acceptable

MishaLee 9 years ago

Just started the program. I am ready to loose this crazy weight I have slowly put on over the past few years. This is the first year all of our 3 children are in college. It is now just my husband and I and it is time for a change. Yesterday I prepared for this new way of life by cleaning out our fridge and pantry of all bad foods and processed foods. I then created my menu and went to the market for new healthier yummies.
I can do this! I am a strong woman who has raised three children and gone through more than enough challenges. This is just another adventure in this chapter of my life.
Looking forward to this new day
M

lg1103 9 years ago

I only checked foods I might eat. Then later I went back and got a little more adventures. If you don’t like it you won’t eat it. Hang in there we haven’t even gotten thru the first week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.