Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
LINDANN27 11 years ago

Just purchased plan today and I have the same questions and more regarding the menu plan. It appears that it is mostly a vegetarian diet (which was not indicated in the introduction). Also, 1 oz of meat; really. I am 225 pounds and this menu does not appear to contain enough calories to keep my metabolism going. Please give more info.

karen 11 years ago

Okay, I just logged onto this site for the very first time and have been looking around, mostly at the meal plan…and frankly, I am confused. Let’s say for example (and I am sure I am not writing this exactly right, but…) for a breakfast, the plan says 1/2 swg english muffin, 1 cup lima beans and 1/2 cup of something I have never heard of….is that exactly what I am supposed to eat for breakfast? I mean, do you just eat the 1/2 a muffin, plain w/out anything on it, plus plain (I assume boiled or something) lima beans, again w/o anything..and then the other thing. Or are you supposed to incorporate those items into your meal by using the recipes or something? It isn’t that I can’t think outside the box and eat non-traditional meals, but this seems quite odd…
I would really appreciate some guidance. I am finding there isn’t as much guidance as I assumed there would be..
thanks in advance!

ColleenB4 11 years ago

When you lose ONE pound, pick up a pound of butter and see how heavy the weight you just lost feels – just ONE pound! Then you will feel better about each pound lost. ColleenB4

star 11 years ago

how do i know am doing it right?

star 11 years ago

okay so I can start the diet by just following the plan menu that is set up for me? and follow the rest ?

April 11 years ago

Wow! Thanks everyone. I decided to start with no snacking after supper and so far I’ve made it through for two nights. I have a feeling that water may become my new best friend!

For anyone who has a small weight problem, please deal with it now. Don’t be like me!!! I never thought I’d see the day of weighing over 300 pounds. It’s no fun and I have only myself to blame. So if you’re only 20 or 30 pounds overweight, tackle it right now!

Elena 11 years ago

Christa has a point here – one step at a time can be a good start. You can begin by changing one bad habit; pick something you can live without. Start eating less bread (or healthier bread), or stop drinking sodas, etc… Find one thing you can change, and when you do so, you will feel better for making that progress. 🙂
Choose your steps carefully, don’t be too hard on yourself, and it will be easier to persist in your new healthier habits. Good luck and be strong!

Christa 11 years ago

For me I just focus on one step one thing at a time. I started with just saying to myself things like, “Today my healthy meal will be my breakfast meal or my lunch meal or I would not eat anything after 5pm.” Then I would honor the fact that I took that one step. I didn’t focus so much on the big picture to get through as I did just focusing on each step. Sometimes just focusing on the steps help make the big picture easier. Good luck and dont give up even when you have set back just keep going. Don’t think its going to happen over night cause it won’t, but know that if you keep going it will get easier.

Clay 11 years ago

I agree with the goal setting idea. Also, take some time to realize how beautiful you are on the inside and outside. As a guy, it’s not all about looks (even though we act that way at times). Lose the weight for yourself–don’t focus on losing weight because of your husband.

April 11 years ago

Thanks for your kind words and the goal setting idea. You make a good point. I tend to look at the final goal and get so overwhelmed with how much I need to lose. Yet, if I were to focus on just 10 pounds at a time, I think I can handle that.

Joanne 11 years ago

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that your weight is causing you so many problems. I am not a dietitian, so I cannot offer you an expert’s advice, but here’s a psychological trick that could help.
Imagine your diet as a sequence of small steps. Each step is taking you to a realistic goal. First, try to get down to 340. Then 330. And so on… This way, each time you reach a goal, you will feel better about yourself, and it will give you confidence and resolution to keep it up. Find a hobby that makes you happy – it will keep you busy (so you don’t think about food).
Your husband is probably worried about your health and will be supportive once he sees how hard you decided to work on this. Good luck!

April 11 years ago

I am so down and frustrated! I weigh 350+ pounds and just don’t even know how to begin to lose weight and keep it off once and for all. I do really well for a few weeks, and then blow it. What do I need to do to do it right this time? I’m afraid if I don’t drop some weight, my husband might leave me.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.