Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
camplaffalot 11 years ago

I like the gentleness on this forum, and the international flavor of its participants. Support is so important. The trouble with so many sites/diets is counting calories, fat grams, etc. Here I just enter what I eat, and if I monitor the AMOUNT (can be a problem for me) of food on my plate, it’s a really easy peasy — and VERY healthy — way to eat. I find that listing my food and my weight can keep me on track. I am thinking of listing the amounts, too……I have long ago put my dinners on a salad plate, but it’s getting to be time to put it all in a saucer……just kidding….

Hugs,
Mary Ellen

awayagain4 11 years ago

Evenings used to be my problem time but now I can look forward to a healthy planned snack about 7.30pm and that suits me fine.

spiggott 11 years ago

I am making small changes to the way I eat, following the menus that I have generated from the menu planner. On the menu planner I have gone through and clicked everything that I recognise in each section, it takes a while but the more you tick the more variety you get in your menu so it’s worth taking the time initially. Once you have your menu if there is anything that you don’t like you can swap it for something else. At the very bottom of your weekly menu there is a free vegetable list that you can click on and you can add these to your meals. Good luck!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

One of the online guides deals specifically with motivation, and hopefully you will find mutual support in these forums. Can you specify what about the Menu Planner is not practical? Thanks.

bevbanks 11 years ago

I guess I agree with all of this – the menu plan seems unusable as I went through it. I’m not so sure that I really understood what I was going to get for my money? I need motivation and practical menus –

Hi, Leeann. Where do you live? There may be an easier solution to finding the foods for your menu. For example, major chains like Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s carry them, and they can be purchased online.
One of the major principles of the program is to avoid processed food, including at the genetic level. It is based on research suggesting that the body’s metabolism is optimal when most foods are consumed in their most natural state. It may take some getting used to, but habits will eventually form. Hang in there – it really is worth it.

Graceacg 11 years ago

My husband and I are having a hoot reading these comments, we agree with all of you who feel confused. But we are going to incorporate some of things slowly and try to get some new habits. Even if we double the amounts we may still be hungry.

Graceacg 11 years ago

My husband and I are having a hoot ready these comments, we agree with all of you who feel conf

Leeannbrennan 11 years ago

This site was very understanding when watching the video. You can not sample the site until you sign up, once signed up it is very confusing. If it would have said I was going to have to go cross country to find the foods in my diet, I would have never joined. Really I never heard of half of this food and dairy your talking about. Everything talks about organtic, raw, thought this was going to be easy just like the video said. I don’t really think it’s been to easy and I haven’t started the first day. Please explain the easy to me.

FF dressings are fine if they are organic/all-natural – check the label for any odd and undesirable artificial ingredients – but yes, the olive oils is indeed intended for that. If you use an FF dressing, you can use the oil for something else, or even swap it out for another source of fat that you prefer (i.e. avocado in your salad).
Regarding the coconut milk – it depends what you chose it for when you went through the Menu Planner program. It is quite popular as an ingredient in sauces for rice or proteins (meat/fish/poultry or substitutes).

NormaCorn 11 years ago

I just joined as well…..after reading through the Express 14 Day Meal Plan I am left wondering at a few of the suggestions for meals.
Are you allowed to use a FF dressing on the lettuce, tomato, cucumber that is suggested I suppose for a salad? or is the 1 tsp. of olive oil suppose to be your dressing…….also several times in the different meal suggestions it has “2 tsps. coconut milk”, for what?

Toby

Hi, Shelli, and welcome. Thanks for your input – stay tuned for adjustments.
In the meantime, please do take advantage of our digital guides (in “My Downloads” above) for more explanations, and our 14-day sample menu planner at the same location, and please feel free to ask specific questions here. You can also switch around the food items throughout the day to better fit your tastes.
2 Tbsp uncooked oats that are cooked in water/milk will yield about half a cup of hot cereal.

Shelliegl 11 years ago

Hi,

I am Shelli and I just joined. I am wondering why there are no salads, broccoli, cucumbers, celery or onion just to name a few. Why isn’t there a vegetable list like the fruit list in the menu planner? There is just a VEGETABLE option in the breakfast planner, that just makes no sense to me. What about butter or other condiments to put on the bread and potatoes?

2 Tbs of oatmeal? How does one even cook that small amount? I dont like eating beans for breakfast either unless it is pinto mixed with egg whites (not whole eggs)

I don’t understand and there is not the promised step by step to learn this program. If I dont know what to do then it wont work for me. My husband wants me to explain what he paid $47.00 for and I can’t. Your video was so interesting and informative and once you pay the money you are just thrown into the pool so to speak.The guides are no help either on how to make this plan successful. Can a staff person please help me understand what I have purchased here?

I had to search these forums yesterday before I could even find what SWG even was because there was no explanation on the menu options of what it was and I had no clue.

Thanks for your time.

Shelli

Suzy 11 years ago

I just joined this club as well. And after years and years of failed attempts to lose weight – I am hoping this new approach will work for me. But before I joined I took one other big step. My professional health consultant (his slim down club costs $600. for a yr membership + supplements) told me the first step to losing weight and gaining optimum good health was to eliminate WHITE – as in white bread – white sugar – white rice – etc. So I tried that – and for a person who use to start & end the day with a couple of slices of white Italian bread w butter – it wasn’t easy. But I did it. I stop buying it and now, after 3 weeks, I don’t even think about it. Amazing! That’s why I’m feeling confident I can make these other changes. So, like so many have said before me – one little step at a time. And by the way – I weigh in excess of 200 lbs. So this is serious!

Welcome, and thanks for your input. Our plan is not intended to be only vegetarian, but we do encourage “right-sizing” intake of foods, including meat. If you see a huge difference between how you used to eat or eat now and the quantities the menu planner is giving you, do not worry – you can use the planner as a goal, and every time you plan your meals, GRADUALLY make reductions in the amounts and fat content of your foods, and it will add up over time. Ultimately, you will have a maintenance menu plan at a later stage (stay tuned for this).
No less important are the types of foods we recommend, which are unprocessed.
In the meantime, see our exercise guides for how to combat the risk of slowdowns in metabolism.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.