Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

A couple of suggestions: you can limit the grains to those that are quicker-cooking, i.e. oats and even something not in the receipe, such as amaranth. You can also pre-cook some of the grains ahead of time and freeze them in usable portions so you can just pop some in your bowl to warm up with the oatmeal.

Phyllisd 11 years ago

All grain breakfast with apples. Like I’ve said I have a hard time planning ahead. any suggestions?

Phyllis, which recipe was it that required a 2-hour wait? I will look into it. Thanks!

Phyllisd 11 years ago

Really weird trying to get started. I’m very bad at meal planning and writing things down. I have a husband who made a comment that we need to eat better foods. How do I start planning meals for two, especially when he works graveyard shift and I’m up during the day. Also saw a recipe that calls for something to sit for two hours before serving. It was for breakfast. I have a hard enough time eating breakfast much less waiting two hours for something. This needs to be a lot easier than you advertise.

Leonard 11 years ago

Yep. =) Patti, we talked some more about SWG in “What is?” topic:

What is ?

You can learn a bit more about it there – you’ll see that Ossie gave some useful facts about SWG foods. Cheers!

SWG means “sprouted whole grain”

Patti 11 years ago

What does swg mean?

Thanks for the heads-up. We will forward this issue to our technicians. As for the menus you have received, 1/2 cup “rye” is equivalent to a slice of bread here (any recommended 100% whole grain bread). What I suggest is to divide up those carbs with the other meal (cream cheese, yogurt, almond milk), i.e. cream cheese, bread, and almond milk and then yogurt and bread. I would also add a fruit or vegetable serving to each meal.
Again, thanks for the input.

Nitahand 11 years ago

Just starting but the menu planner seems a little weird. After choosing the foods I ‘like’, (twice) the menues that come up are suspect. You’ve got me eating a meal made up of cream cheese, yogurt and almond milk. And what about 1 1/2 cups of rye for lunch. Rye what? bread, raw grain, cereal?? Also, where is the shopping list that was advertised?

Once you have joined, you will have access to the applications and guides, all providing instructions to building a menu through the menu-planner – very step by step. In addition, there are articles that provide insight on how to choose the best foods and activities. The fact that you joined the forum is a good start, too.

Paula 11 years ago

I’ve just got in to this program….they say they will walk you thru the program step by step….so how do I get started ? Sorry about my vocabulary, I don’t speak or wright english very well !!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.