Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Nherrera47, and welcome! You can get some ideas in our “8-Week Plan” (accessible through the “Tools” link in the toolbar near the top of each site page) at the ends of the pages for Weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7. Whatever you do, be sure to ease into things gradually – start slow and increase time and intensity a little at a time. That way is more likely to lead to success and away from injury and frustration. You can also find fitness information through the “My Guides” link in the same toolbar.

Nherrera47 3 years ago

Hello, just joined today, I never exercise, so am not use to it at all. So I guess I have to start slowly. Am also over 100lbs over my weight and age 58. So for my health I have to start now. I hope to get some tips in starting.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, KayStrobel, and welcome! It’s great to read that you’re physically active and motivated. We wish you success here, and are happy to help however we can 🙂

KayStrobel 4 years ago

I just joined TD today. I like to exercise so I try to do something every day whether I feel like it or not.
This morning being Monday I walked with a friend for 35 min. and I worked on the elliptical for 17 min.

fishing 11 years ago

Thanks Radisson, that is what i was looking for. WAY TO GO, ywoman & camplaffalot!!! WOW!

hikerdee 11 years ago

2 months ago I posted that I was doing steps daily to be prepared for the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb on April 4, 2013. Well, I practiced those steps and used a stepper machine at my Anytime Fitness gym so that I was ready for the climb. Wow, what a view!I was not breathless because the exertion was too much; the view of the rainstorm coming from Sydney, over the Opera House, and to the bridge was enough to take my breath away.

pasjj5 11 years ago

Hello to Earth Angel: Welcome! I felt the exact same way you did the night I joined. I usually check w/hubby when I use the credit card, but I couldn’t wait and started checking out the TDC site as soon as the card went through. I couldn’t wait to tell him when he got home as I was so confident that this was just the thing I’d been “waiting” for to help me. I’m on the end of my 9th week and feel so much better. I’ve only lost 8.8 lb. in the 2 mo. but it seems that that is what is expected. I really feel as though I am building muscle and losing fat. It shows in so many ways. Why, just the other day, my brother came to visit and I hadn’t seen him in about 2 yr. Without even mentioning the TDC he said to me, “Whatever you’re doing it makes you look younger and healthier.” I was a tak’in back. It’s sure great to get those kind of encouraging compliments.
So, stick it out Earth Angel; you’ll do just great.

MTCPFU: Thanks for your input about today being Good Friday. We can never repay him for the debt we owe but as you said, fast and abstain from the meat today and offer our “little” suffering up. We do this every Friday of the year being Traditional Catholics; it isn’t very much of a sacrifice only once a week. And we can all offer up our physical pains, be it arthritis, etc. for others that suffer. We can earn rewards in Heaven. God bless everyone on TDC and have a very Happy Easter!!!

MTCPFU 11 years ago

Hello Earth Angel,
I just read you account and wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I jointed 2 months ago and since I have been eating healthy food, I feel SOOOOOO much better. Even with my limitations in regard to exercises, I have found ways to be more active. I quit allowing myself to “find an excuse”. I have lost weight and plan to loose more. I have to tell you that I get my strength to overcome most of the temptations from God. Today is Good Friday. Meditate on the sufferings of Jesus. Offer your sufferings to Him and ask Him to accept them as a gift of comfort for all He endured for us. Fast today for Him as well. It is easy to give up meat and unhealthy food when you have HIM for a reason. Jesus is the reason for the season. Happy Easter and blessing to you.

ErthAngl379 11 years ago

Hi…I just joined yesterday and I am excited about it. So, excited that when my honey came home from work last night, i couldn’t wait to tell him that I spent money on this enrollment so I will definitely take my diet, nutrition and fitness more seriously. I suffer from chronic pain among other things that don’t feel very good. I live alone most of the time, have 0 friends, live in a very rural area. Have to travel 40 km to the city. So, I highly doubt that I will be able to join a fitness club or anything like that. I have a treadmill at home which I will now use more frequently as my health improves. I also suffer from depression and agoraphobia. A health team comes to my home. I guess what I’m saying now is that I am not going to let my illness get the best of me. Knowing that I can be a part of a community makes me feel better. So, hoping to make the best of this site, I will eat better get fit and start to enjoy my life, as dull as it is. Best wishes to all in their goals! Patti

mckay 11 years ago

hello fellow fitness friends, I started TD about a week ago, my goal loss is 50 lbs. I recently had a stroke which left me with an unhappy left side of my body. since the last day of Oct. I am walking with a quad cane, but still no left arm and am very unstable on my feet. I’m also fighting with pre-diabetes. My first major goal is to get ready to walk for cancer, a 1/4 mile track in May. For now I just walk around my house. Wish me luck!

ywomen 11 years ago

Good morning Mary Ellan, I am so proud of you. Way to go…hugs

camplaffalot 11 years ago

I did the most exercising to date this morning!!! In addition to the prescribed leg exercises, I did 15 min pedaling on my Magneciser and another 5 minutes pedalig the thing with my arms. I am very proud of me and I think I am already seeing less pain!

Hugs, 15 reps
Mary Ellen

Radisson 11 years ago

If you have any doubts take a look at this site:

http://www.health.gov/PAGuidelines/factsheetprof.aspx

camplaffalot 11 years ago

Wow ywomen! Congratulations on the big loss! You are inspiring me!

Hugs, 15 (reps)
Mary Ellen

ywomen 11 years ago

Ok I will take the fitness challenge too, been workin on my weight for 3 1/2 yrs and have lost 150 lbs I have 50 to go, started to day with a change up, and signing up for TD. Being aware that with excercise come good nutrition. I am gonna hold my head high and work hard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.