Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
dancer 11 years ago

Hi, I have been on the program for one month, looking forward to maintain weight. I love to exercise, I do one hour 5 times a week of zumba, but lately I’ve been feeling that I lack energy in my workouts and even have trouble following the class. I do get 7-8 hours of sleep, but still feel tired the next day. Should I reduce the amount of exercise or maybe eat more? Thanks a lot.

Meagan Lee 11 years ago

Ovive,
That is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). You may be doing too much too quickly. It is normal to have soreness but not so much that you are very uncomfortable. Maybe start with body weight exercises and only do 2 sets of 10 reps of each exercise until your body adjusts and then you can increase the weight, sets, or reps.

Ovive 11 years ago

I did not exercise for year cause , every time i have muscle pain after for 2 days…

I wish i could exercise more … Have you got some advise for that ?
Thank you ….

Dianak13 11 years ago

Thanks a lot Meagan. That is a lot of years of experience. I have been walking four times a week for about five hours total. Now I have joined a hiking club that goes out every Tuesday for about 14 km. in the Rockies. The more exercise I do , the greater appetite I have! Today I am trying to stay very responsible, as in the article that I read yesterday.Cheers,
Dianak

Meagan Lee 11 years ago

Dianak13,
If you have any specific questions about exercise please start a new thread and I will answer them. I am a fitness professional that has been training for over 7 years.

I would love to help you on your journey!

Dianak13 11 years ago

Good points about raising the heart rate, exercise, and food portions. Thank you. I will start again!
D

Meagan Lee 11 years ago

I agree with FloreceN. Also, it depends on what kind of “exercise” you are doing. If it is just cardio you may not be in your bodies target heart rate (aerobic phase) for optimal fat burning. Plus, if you are in a caloric deficit and in “starvation mode” exercising is doing the opposite of what you want, it is using muscle as energy as opposed to fat.

PatsySeo 11 years ago

I just went to get lucky menu and put in my special needs as gluten free, dairy free and low sugar and got menus I really like and think I will use. I tried putting in all my food choices and using the regular menus. The menus were a bit complicated. I did not like having bread with my breakfast etc. but the lucky menus really look great I also liked their recipes.

FloreceN 11 years ago

Meat is always 3 oz or a deck of cards for protein. Grilling meat is ok, but do not make it charcoal strips in it. This changes the composition of the food & the food in that area breaks down to unhealthy chemicals. About fruits & veggies stick to around a cup. Too much of a good thing can not be so good & too much fruit can add too much sugar – leading to sugar spikes & systemic candida. About your calorie intake depending upon your height 1,000 is awfully low and puts your body in starvation mode – which slows down weight loss. Keep calories to 1200 – 1400 a day & eat 6 small meals a day like is recommended to really keep your blood sugar levels even & not have sugar lows which put the body into starvation mode – which makes the body hold onto fad & food stores in the body. Hope this helps. I read lots and am a Registered Dental Hygienist in Co. Springs.

Dianak13 11 years ago

Hi, I am new to this as well. Perhaps it requires a steep learning curve. I do a lot of walking as well. But my evenings are very challenging. Hopefully we can get more comfortable with the tech program to make it all easier.

janssen10 11 years ago

I have been exercising every day for a couple months and eating 1000 calories a day and haven’t lost much weigh. Maybe five pounds. I am older in my 60’s but very active. I joined this today so that I could learn what foods to eat that will help me, but I find the recipes are hard and I really don’t want to go to all that work. I would like just a simple meat, fruit, vegetables etc to eat healthy and some of the foods I find easy on the menu they gave me, but some of them I don’t think I would like at all. It would be simple if we could do so many ounces of beef, fish, chicken etc (I grill most of my meat) and how many ounces of veg and what fruit or nuts or whatever to balance out diet. Do any of you know of a way I can get that? Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.