Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Joanne 11 years ago

I am proud to say that I’ve been without chocolate for 2 full weeks now. Summer heat helps with this, but still it’s nice to know that I’m not a chocolate addict after all. My body feels fine and I don’t get mad cravings… I’m not saying that I will renounce chocolate forever, but it’s good to give my body a break for a while…

Joanne 11 years ago

This month I reached my goal not to eat that many sweets. I did not lose much weight, but my stomach feels better and I feel lighter and healthier overall.
Similar to what Ossie said, I realized that completely skipping desserts will just drive me crazy, so instead I just started reducing the portions and occasions in which I eat sweets. So far, so good!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

You don’t need to be perfect to do better – just do a little better each time you do anything, and it will add up. For example, each time you eat sweets, each a slightly smaller portion than you normally would, and keep the momentum on this reduction going until a small portion is what you become used to. Same thing with the coffees if you think they are hurting you. As for exercise, do the reverse – start with 5 minutes in front of the TV, then see if you can bump it up 1-5 minutes per day until you make it through a whole TV show, and then maybe another one. Look for excuses to walk places. Think of fun active things that could be considered exercise. Sometimes doing things too formally is too constrictive and causes a block. Above all, don’t get discouraged – the most permanent changes are often those that happened gradually.

Claratia 11 years ago

I hate to follow recipes and was never lucky at any diet because of that. We eat pretty healthy at home if it wasn’t for my 2 coffees a day double double and sweets I might be better, and exercing of course. But even thought I sort of know how to be better I can’t seem to be able to do it

Steven 11 years ago

I use to have mostly prepackaged foods for breakfast lunch and dinner. Now since I started this club I have been making more of my meals using a lot of the recipes provided here. It has make a big difference for me. It takes a little more time but I enjoy the meals more and I feel proud of myself for actually making my own meal.

Stevie 11 years ago

I lost 13 pounds since the beginning of the year, so whenever I feel like giving up, this fact alone encourages me to continue. My next goal is to lose at least 8-10 more pounds by the end of the year. Wish me luck!

Clay 11 years ago

I eat a healthy breakfast. I used to skip breakfast and then by mid-morning I was making a fast food stop. Now that I eat a decent breakfast I’m satisfied right up until lunch time. I’m also a little richer! Fast food junk costs a lot of money!

Brad 11 years ago

This is a great topic. I use to drink a lot sugary drinks throughout the day. It was hard for a while. Then I started to carry a reusable water bottle and it really made a difference because the water bottle was always there I didn’t have to go anywhere to get it like I did the sugary drinks. Real impact

Elena 11 years ago

Sticking to one’s diet and fitness plan is not easy when trying to lose weight. We should be proud when we reach a goal, or even when we make a step in the right direction. No matter how small, I thought we could share these good moments – writing it here could help us inspire each other with good examples. 🙂
After all, this is a little club. 😉

I used to eat large late dinners, which caused me to gain weight in the first place. Now I finally broke that habit and as I result I feel much better and sleep much better. I stopped gaining weight, and that’s a start. Now I can focus on losing some weight…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.